• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Roughly a year later: Where does this board stand with Prizm?

Well, it is overcast here today so it will be Prizm Rose in my Airbrakes today. (I have Prizm Torch and H.I yellow in my bag just in case)

Feeling a slight need for Prizm daily polarized for my Juliets, but I'm very happy with my OO BIP lenses Chris cut for me....

This thread needs pics:
DSC_0396.JPG

Prizm Rose and G40 in the Splits.

I had the chanse to use my Juliets with custom cut prizm baseball infield in the sun today, and must say I like them alot. They have a transmission of 20% which was just perfect today.

The lenses look very cool outside, sort of like old school ruby. The reddish tint is strange at first, but they were so comfortable I didn't want to take them off even as it was getting dark. Recommended.

I currently play college baseball and due to stepping on my oakleys while in the outfield I am now in search of new lenses. I play outfield and firstbase and am wondering what lenses I should get...I have read lightly about the prizm baseball lenses and am wondering which would be a better pick overall for both positions of anyone could help me out.

I currently play college baseball and due to stepping on my oakleys while in the outfield I am now in search of new lenses. I play outfield and firstbase and am wondering what lenses I should get...I have read lightly about the prizm baseball lenses and am wondering which would be a better pick overall for both positions of anyone could help me out.
I hope someone answers your questions! I had the Outfield (sold them), but as far as I could tell they were excellent for "the Outfield", but I'm curious if anyone can chime in who has both.

You could always get a Flak 2.0 XL and swap lenses as needed and keep both. Or you could get both lenses to try out briefly and then sell the ones you don't want.

I think Outfield let's less light in than the Infield. (Outfield is darker I believe)

By the way - I pitched in college for a smaller D2 school in Pennsylvania, and man... LIVE IT UP! Those were "THE DAYS"!! I'm 34 now and things are certainly great, but man... The team, the sport, college... Phew - miss it greatly.

Take care and I hope your questions get answered!

Last edited:
Tough call. I wouldn't be so concerned about which is the better one in the outfield+first, but the better one batting. Ultimately every position is subject to handling fly balls, and the sun isn't always in the same spot. If anything, it's just the definition of the ball and bases against the diamond's dirt I'm concerned for....so maybe infield has the edge?

I've only have outfield, but never used it on the field (I don't play; just came with a particular frame)....so most I've done with it is cycling. I can say that outfield seems to flex well enough in low light.

Back