• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Round 2 - X Metal XX Vs Romeo 1

Round 2 - X Metal XX vs Romeo 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you guys for being cool :smile:

And just for some fun banter.... Romeos are only winning by 1 vote :wink:

To be honest, i thought the Romeo would win by a landslide when i decided to pit the two together. I'm quite surprised at the current result.

I think next week i'll move to O-matter.

If anything im sorry guys..maybe i over-reacted a little.
brip its all good bro no worries.

and to further add..romeos vs XX..cmon guys no comparison!! rooomeooooos!

Hey, how do you feel the fit is compared between the XX, Juliets and Romeo1? can you just comment on how they fit? Juast wondering if the XX fits more like the Juliet than the Romeo1

well..the juliets are snug on me..i only use em for biking on trails.
the XX do fit better than the romeos..i just hate the design honestly. i only got it from some oakley outlet in pennsylvania for 150 bucks.
romeos are a little loose even when i change earsocks...and im still depressed i lost my xmetal romeos on a train when i was in London...i wouldve had 2 pairs of romeos :(

i havent been to an oakley store in a while..i wanna see what the fuss is all about concerning x squared.

Thanks you guys for being cool :smile:

And just for some fun banter.... Romeos are only winning by 1 vote :wink:

To be honest, i thought the Romeo would win by a landslide when i decided to pit the two together. I'm quite surprised at the current result.

I think next week i'll move to O-matter.

Yeah.. think the gold combo on the XX really shook things up. Although, you'd have to wonder how many people voted XX because they heard about the lens cracking issue, when i think most of the time its not really as bad as the press.. same as the flex couplers in the other X-metals if you think about it. If you overstretch the frame of a Juliet/XX/Mars, you ruin the flex couplers and get a floppy nosebridge. In the romeo1, if you overstretch the frame you get cracked lenses. However flexcouplers can get loose over time even if you treat it well, but if you treat the Romeo1's well, you can basically avoid the lens crack issue, and never need a tune up! Better, IMO. Well.. provided you are using reasonable sized t-shocks too.. and your head isnt too big so that you're not stretching the frame by just wearing it..

hey bro u think ruby lens from exovista would look good on my titanium (though it looks brown) romeos?
i see exovista and linegear lens on ebay...but heard mix reviews.
i dunno i might just have em customized with clear prescription lens for mountain trails.

well..the juliets are snug on me..i only use em for biking on trails.
the XX do fit better than the romeos..i just hate the design honestly. i only got it from some oakley outlet in pennsylvania for 150 bucks.
romeos are a little loose even when i change earsocks...and im still depressed i lost my xmetal romeos on a train when i was in London...i wouldve had 2 pairs of romeos :(

i havent been to an oakley store in a while..i wanna see what the fuss is all about concerning x squared.

YOU LOST A ROMEO! :sad: goodness. theres one lucky hobo out there.. shame man. yeah i agree on the look of the XX, it just doesnt do it for me. its like a juliet with afterthoughts thrown on.. interested in the fit of the XX now though..

you can try getting those size 30 or 50 t-shocks if you want to tighten up your romeo.. i think the Mars came with 30's or 50's as the spares..

Yeah man, ruby looks good on anything honestly. with the romeos you have to go aftermarket for Ruby lenses, unless you cut M frame lenses? Exovista has good quality lenses, sometimes it doesnt fit but if you let them know they usually are good about replacing. the lenses are also not hydrophobic but that can be applied.

Linegear claims to be "premium", but really all i see thats premium is the pricetag. some of the colors are nice though, but not deserving of the $50 price difference.

*edit* you probably want to keep your Juliets for the Trails? abit easier to replace incase you damage them..

yeah im keepin all my xmetals bro..thanks for the info though.

new york trains are smelly with hard plastic seats...
london trains have sofas and televisions!! so i fell asleep and when i got off the train it mustve fell off so imagine my depression.
im gonna try exovista...and i heard the m frame lens dont have the right curvitude if not cut properly.

man if oakley came out with romeo 1s again ima get like 20 pairs and put em in a time capsule.
lolz

Here Brip, see if you like these??
Romeopolished2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back