• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rubbers

Dallas O Hog

O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dallas
There that much a quality difference between oakley and linegear rubbers?

I think the quality is very close to Oakley. It might be a little softer as I think they are easier to install. I do wish the blue and red colors were darker, closer to Oakley.

Lenses im oem all the way but some of the oem rubbers are high in price

Linegear fits perfect, but is silicone, not unobtanium. A good option for sets you can no longer obtain, like small xmxx nose bombs.

In this context, it is what Oakley calls the rubber they use. It is a Hydrophilic rubber which gets stickier when you perspire.
Yeah, I know all that. I'm talking about what it's made of. Similarly Oakley's "Plutonite" is polycarbonate. And O-Matter is a blend of mostly Nylon.

So I'm wondering if saying something like "Yeah, Linegear rubber is silicone, not Unobtanium" is like saying "That bullet proof vest is inferior since it's made of something called aramid fibers, not Kevlar" (Kevlar is a DuPont brand name for a specific type of aramid).

My juliet linegears cracked after about 2 years of not-so-steady use. Silicone is great for gaskets, but not for sunglass rubbers.

Back