• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby clear iridium questions

Anyone had any experience with the linegear version of these? Was thinking about getting a set for my Juliet's that I use whilst cycling to work, now the clocks are about to change I'll be in the dark for my journeys, but still want the eye protection.
I had a pair but gave them to @saulsaul, who may well have used them for cycling. I didn't but I used to like them a lot in low light conditions. Plus they're very pretty ;)

Anyone had any experience with the linegear version of these? Was thinking about getting a set for my Juliet's that I use whilst cycling to work, now the clocks are about to change I'll be in the dark for my journeys, but still want the eye protection.
I put these in a Juliet plasma frame with some red Linegear rubbers. They are my eye protection at work whenever I wear my contacts. They work awesome, get tons of compliments, and I've never experienced the double image that was previously described with the OEM lenses. These babies look killer :)

Well my set arrived and been using em for a couple weeks, work really well as cycling lenses, good vision, great at night. Does they cut glare from headlights at night? Hard to tell really, but haven't had any issues so worth the purchase :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well my set arrived and been using em for a couple weeks, work really well as cycling lenses, good vision, great at night. Does they cut glare from headlights at night? Hard to tell really, but haven't had any issues so worth the purchase :)

View attachment 193398

View attachment 193403
Very nice! I don't think they help much with glare but great eye protection none the less!

Well I'm by no means an expert, but these are more than fine to look through, although I guess it's unfair for me to compare to all my oem tinted lenses, but if someone told me these were oem I wouldn't question it.

However I have noticed a slight amount of the ghosting mentioned before, particularly when wearing them indoors relaxing and not looking at anything in particular, I could catch that effect in my peripheral vision but once out and about everything is perfectly fine, I guess as I'm cycling I'm more focused so therefore don't see any ghosting.

But at the same time, that's probably just a trait of ruby clear in general rather than the brand. Considering the price of the linegear lenses vs the rarity of oem lenses, you can't go too far wrong for the money :)

Latest Posts

Back