• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Juliet Over The Years

hkwinger

Oakley Expert
California, USA
I have been collecting for years, and these are still my favorite. X-Metal / Ruby (red) Juliet. These are all original Oakley lenses and show the difference in the Ruby coloring over they years. The top is one of the first. It is serial numbered in the X500's. It is very red and the pictures do not show how deep the purple is. The second is serialized X17,000's. It still has a good amount of purple almost as deep as the original gen 1, but covers less area. The bottom is the current version. One of my favorite pairs to wear, just not nearly as red as the originals.

DSCN1254_zps9fb21315.jpg

They are so nice, I regret selling mine off but they just didn't fit me, to wide for my face at the time :(

Quite interesting how the ruby lenses change. My X-Squared ruby's have that deep purple hue to them as well where as others don't.

I asked a friend of mine who works for Oakley why that is, and he said they have had to keep changing how they made ruby lenses, because the baking process was pretty hit or miss with the earlier models.

Nice pic! These are one of my favorite pairs to wear and part of my rotation. I am even developing a fondness for the fruby lenses.

They are so nice, I regret selling mine off but they just didn't fit me, to wide for my face at the time :(

Quite interesting how the ruby lenses change. My X-Squared ruby's have that deep purple hue to them as well where as others don't.

It appears that U had a good batch!

I still remember when the "X-Squared" first came out, the ruby lens on them are pretty good with deep red or sometimes even a little purple hue.
Compare to the JULIET released in the same period, it's much better......But now, it's going down the same Orange-red way as JULIET did.
What a pitty!

Lovely glasses. I have 2 pairs of the first gens, one dark and the other darker still. Lucky I guess with the colours :) They are always a head turner!

Been waiting for such comparison all these years as many had said the first Gen ruby is the "reddest", i have yet to see it until today. 1 pic say a thousand words, thks hkwinger....!

Well, I was able to purchase another pair. Unfortunately I was unable to get a pic that I liked. In the display case, their differences are very noticeable unlike the pictures. I love the fact that it is easy to see the color getting darker the older the glasses get. The current version has no violet at all. Here is a quick pic that I was able to get. On the left 3 tier from top to bottom: current Juliet/Ruby, X017590,X004867. On the right single stand X000571. Be careful out there, when taking the pics I was able to see how some ebay sellers get very dark pictures of lighter lenses.

DSCN1324_zps924d664a.jpg

Latest Posts

Back