• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Or Ice On X-Metal Finish?

X-Metal lens, Ice or Ruby?

• Ice

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Ruby

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters

borgs

Oakley Beginner
Hi Everyone, I couldn't make up my mind on what lens color is better for an X-Metal finished Juliet. My wife prefers Ruby, and I'm inclined towards Ice. I honestly like them both but the thing is, I have a Carbon Juliet that I need the Ruby lenses in... the stock BI it came with looks so regular, Fire contrasts too much against the Carbon's black, Ice looks too dark. I can do Ruby for both Carbon and X-Metal Juliet, but then I'd end up with two Ruby sunglasses.

IMG_5459.jpg

IMG_5457.jpg

Thanks in advance for the input guys! :)

I'd normally say Ruby, but since you have another frame with that color, I'd go with Ice. Both look good.

I think Oakley go it got wrong with their standard combos, I think Ice ( Emerald) work best with Xmetal rather than Plasma. I would go with Ice ( Ruby almost seem too common these days!).

i think once you have your xmetal juliets long enough, you'll realise you like them ALL, but in turns. i went ruby, black, ruby, gold, black, ruby, ice. ruby only appears often because its my beater. i like em all. but emerald was built for plasma imo! :) the only reason i have a later gen plasma frame ;p

Thanks for the candid inputs everyone. I'm still torn. :idk: I totally agree the X-Metal/Ruby combination is a classic, and I also agree to what BriP said about liking several combinations on that frame color. I feel like Typhoon and I were looking at this minor dilemma that I have from the same point of view - that the X-Metal/Ruby occurs more frequently than any other combination. I guess what this post really is about is me wanting to know if putting Ice lenses on an X-Metal finished Juliet takes away from how awesome this frame is. I don't want to be the guy walking down the street wearing a Juliet that looks "wrong". Is it safer to just go with the X-Metal/BI combination rather than X-Metal/Ice if I already committed my Ruby to the Carbon frame?

If I were to look at a Ferrari, it's comfortable looking at it in red, and it's definitely awesome that way. But if it were in blue, will it take away from the car?

Last edited:
I would say ruby but if you have those old blue iridium with the green or purple hues those would look good I have installed on my j carbons

While I think you cannot go wrong with both combinations, I voted for the ruby lenses as well. Maybe you can choose the lens color based upon how you feel the day you wear them? Ice for a low-key yet sophisticated look--think Bruce Wayne, Batman. Ruby for more of a confident, attention-grabbing look--think Tony Stark, Ironman.

Back