• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Or Ice On X-Metal Finish?

X-Metal lens, Ice or Ruby?

• Ice

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Ruby

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
24k on xmetal
28s7ckz.jpg

this one's from a xmetal xx

Last edited:
Thanks for all your inputs everyone! :) I guess Ruby on X-Metal won by a landslide. (Sundalo's 24k on X-Metal isn't so bad either). I made the necessary changes and mounted the Ruby lenses on my X-Metal frame, and the Ice lenses on the Carbon frame. Is this better? should I stick with Black Iridium on the Carbon? :idk:

X-Metal_Ruby.jpg

Carbon_Ice.jpg

Last edited:
My face is too large to wear Julies but, I set the same color combo up on my XS frames. Carbon ice and xmetal ruby. Ruby gets the complements, more often.

now those looks good

Thanks pjd1234 :)

My face is too large to wear Julies but, I set the same color combo up on my XS frames. Carbon ice and xmetal ruby. Ruby gets the complements, more often.

I know what you mean Krank... the Ruby really does get noticed more. I still don't know what to do with the Carbon frame. I'll just use Ice for the meantime until I figure out what really goes well with it. :)

I know what you mean Krank... the Ruby really does get noticed more. I still don't know what to do with the Carbon frame. I'll just use Ice for the meantime until I figure out what really goes well with it. :)
If you dont like the carbon frame, perhaps send it to Xman and do a refinish. Ive considered looking into it anyway.

Just put purple rubbers and a purple/violet iridium lens. Like this:
1zgdjl5.jpg

***image courtesy of The X-Man***

If you dont like the carbon frame, perhaps send it to Xman and do a refinish. Ive considered looking into it anyway.

Hi Krank, I considered it too but decided against it. If I had it refinished, the box wouldn't match anymore. And the Carbon frame was my first Juliet, so it sort of has sentimental value. I just need to figure out what lens color to go with it other than black. :)

Back