• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby tint

rzurzel

I should Work at Oakley
Poland
Hello everyone. Word is that ruby tint isn't as good as once was. I'd like to know were is the turning point in ruby history? I'm planning to make a cut for my RJs and the suitable donors are pit bulls and tacos. Not 100% sure but both are quite fresh if I'm not mistaken which makes me think that THOSE ruby aren't wiat I expect. If the new ruby turn out to be crap I might pursue fire or even change direction to jade so it's an important issue to me. It would be marvelous if someone had both ruby generations and could make a photo side by side but a written review would also be highly appreciated.
It's 1:20am here so I have to finally go to sleep. Since my O friends are mostly in different time zones I'm hoping to see some helping posts in the morning :)
thanks in advance guys.

The only way to ensure you like the tint of the lens you want is to check it before buying. Quality of tints is very hard to control it seems.

Ruby from 15 year old Juliet on top. Brand new Triggerman Torch on bottom. Hard to see the purple in the picture but it's the dark spots.
IMG_0899.JPG

The only way to ensure you like the tint of the lens you want is to check it before buying. Quality of tints is very hard to control it seems.
I would look at it before buying but of course I'm on the other side of the pond.

This has been a hot topic as of late so I keep that picture on hand. But no problem!

Back