• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby Vs. Fire

This isn't helping my resistance to looking for early batch ruby lenses any. Dammit. No wonder the Vault employee I spoke to said that Ruby and Fire were essentially the same thing nowadays and I could save time by just going with Fire lenses.
Yeah I'm not quite sure I fully understand why they made the Ruby more like the Fire in terms of iridium reflection. Perhaps it's to differentiate the Ruby from the +Red or OO Red but it sucks regardless.

Did Oakley ever make official +Red Iridium lenses for the Juliet? There's a guy in Canada that sells X-Metal frames with +Red lenses, but he says that they are custom cut from genuine Oakley lens material. Plus he wants something like $200 USD for them, which as cool as they look I wouldn't pay that much for just lenses.

Did Oakley ever make official +Red Iridium lenses for the Juliet? There's a guy in Canada that sells X-Metal frames with +Red lenses, but he says that they are custom cut from genuine Oakley lens material. Plus he wants something like $200 USD for them, which as cool as they look I wouldn't pay that much for just lenses.
As far as I know there was never an official +Red for Juliets. Only Fire and Ruby.

I too have seen custom cut positive red lenses for the Juliet, however I have also noticed slight distortion too because the lenses curve is not perfect.

I was watching sports center this morning and i saw a coach on the red sox with a red lens for his radar that looked amazing. It was solid red, not hint of blue/purple like ruby, no hint of orange like fire, a much darker iridium than +red. anyone know what lens this could be?? im almost certain it was not ruby, fire, or +red...

I was watching sports center this morning and i saw a coach on the red sox with a red lens for his radar that looked amazing. It was solid red, not hint of blue/purple like ruby, no hint of orange like fire, a much darker iridium than +red. anyone know what lens this could be?? im almost certain it was not ruby, fire, or +red...
OO Red?

Chances are they have been cut from an M Frame lense, hense the "cut from genuine Oakley lens material". +Red was never a Juliet lense option.

My ideal vision of Ruby Iridium Juliets has the purple in the lens. I don't care if the lens is hydrophobic or not, but I know it's probably going to take me quite awhile to find those lenses (and maybe a bit of $$$).

Ruby and Fire might look the same from the outside but they still look very different from the inside.
But that's part of what I don't understand. Why did they make the outside look pretty much the same? I'd much rather have the Ruby look closer to the +Red than the Fire because there are far less frame options for the +Red. Practically every frame that has a Fire Iridium option has a Ruby Iridium option as well but no +Red option, leaving those who want the purplish red with nothing.

I guess my point is, unless Oakley plans on saturating all frames with +Red, I really don't see why they had to change the color of the Ruby to what it is now.

Back