• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RUMOR: Oakley To Discontinue Holbrooks

I haven't heard anything about this, I really couldn't see Oakley discontinuing the Holbrook when the Gascan is still holding on and even has a replacement.

Why pull the plug on their best selling model? That doesn't make any sense.
...unless they're going to take them off the market for a bit, and then bring them back as "Collector's Holbrooks," with limited production and higher price tags, ala Frogskins.

From what I heard, when Oakley made his contract since he helped "design" the Holbrooks he was supposed to get a percentage of each pair of SW Holbrooks sold. Instead they accidentally gave him a percentage from EVERY Holbrook sold, so apparently they are losing a lot of money to Shaun White.

So re-negotiate? Or just stick to the deal agreed. He did help 'design' it after all, and they're still making plenty of profit. Sounds like Luxotica forcefully making things go their way, just like they made Oakley sell-up in the first place by threatening to not stock them at SGH. God they have no class at all.

His hair is gone and so is he from Lux...mnaybe they will make some interesting newer styles now..."it was all about the hair"-Lux rep.

Just when I started weaning myself off frogs and onto the brooks. The Holbrook LX do come with metal hinges. Just that the frames are made with acetate instead if O matter.
Is there such a thing as a Holbrook LX? Of course there is the Frogskin LX but I've never seen the Holbrook LX

Back