• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rumor summer 2020

Only in USA no shipping to Canada
Twenty per country would be cool.

I'm in the pool that kinda...resents this.

20 pairs (if true).
Some heritage? Sure
An OTT is for sure cool
$2,000 for plastic at the end of the day.

This isn't really any sense of coming back to form with "ThE oLd OaKleY", but a bit of an insult for anyone who just wanted an OTT. Unless Oakley's IT team has it together, reseller bots are probably targeting this one already.

in japan now

Screenshot_20200807_115644.jpg

New with box or like new mint condish OTT's are hovering around $1,000 now. This is a BRAND NEW 2020 special colorway and if Oakley doesnt lie about there only being 20 of them than the rarity and specialty of these is worth the extra thou.
To hardcore collectors.

I dont see a company as cheap as Lux going to all the trouble and money to create 20 pairs. They probably found 20 pair in storage, repainted them with new lenses and box. Boom. Limited edition.

They actually did pulled out the mould just for this. Though they did make more than 20 for other paint schemes, gifts, etc.

Member El Chupa Cabra told this in November 19:
About 2 years ago, Del Vecchio - Lux CEO, wanted a pair of OTT's. We pulled out the original mold and were able to get about 50 pairs out of it.

So my guess is there were about 20 left from that batch. The Concept Studio guys took the left overs, created something cool for the public and set a 2k mark to refinance the whole batch. :cool:

Back