• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Random thoughts;

Icons should match the orbital colors.

They should have used the Tombstone mechanism and had a dedicated strap-or-stem setup. Kind of like the Alpha but without a full frame swap between goggle and glasses.

The lower orbital needs a touch more stiffness.

I might be painting the frames black. As cool as Neon Green is, it's a bit garish for daily wear. I might plasti-dip them black unless someone wants to trade their black frame for my green.

[...] The lower orbital needs a touch more stiffness.
I might be painting the frames black. As cool as Neon Green is, it's a bit garish for daily wear. I might plasti-dip them black unless someone wants to trade their black frame for my green.
Plasti-dip might tighten up the security of the lens in the frame, too.

An "all day paddle" sounds like a great application for the Wind Jacket 2.0!
Where I live I often see tourists enjoying a long, slow paddle in calm waters in a kayak or SUP -- that seems like an ideal time to wear these glasses.
I wonder whether Oakley will ever try to market them that way?

My trips are a bit more extreme usually! I'm into expedition SUP among other stand up. Multi day wilderness trips, downwinding and sea crossings. Oakley seem to be missing the point with their Surf range of stuff imo.

Hi, anybody here has experienced with a loose stem on the wind jacket? any tips or ideas how to tight the hinge mechanism? Thanks

Hi, anybody here has experienced with a loose stem on the wind jacket? any tips or ideas how to tight the hinge mechanism? Thanks
Loose as in the arms are not snappy anymore? Or just the hinge itself is sloppy?

The hinge is working fine but when turning the stem to put the glasses on the face, it seems like no friction between the hinge and the stem contact point and the stem has some up-down movement, so I was thinking to tighten something in the stem part into hinge and limit that movement

Without seeing them I would assume one of the hinge pin holes had been wallowed out. Probably the one on the front frame. There's a feature on the stem that interacts with the hinge portion on the frame to have it that snappy feel. If that's been damaged it would be loose. I'm not sure what could be done to fix that other than possibly squeeze the two "ears" of the frame hinge together to make it a bit more stiff. That probably won't last long though.

Perfect description, it is like you said, that snappy feel is gone and the stem is a bit loose, I was thinking to add a bit or material to make it thicker (epoxy glue?) on the portion of the stem that goes into those ears of the frame. I am not sure how long will last if squeezing the ears neither, most probably that plastic could be damaged/cracked

Latest Posts

Back