• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rx lenses and the "fishbowl" effect in wrapped frames?

So just because a frame looks similar doesn't mean your eyes will sit vertically in the end spot. If you don't specifically specify an OC height the Oakley lab puts it dead center top to bottom. So you probably got lucky that gibston rx keeps your eyes centered. I imagine your eyes sit either a few mm above or below the center on the cables. The Metalink is nice because it comes w three interchangeable nose rubbers. So if they sit to high or low you just change the rubber nose bridge.

Good luck. But I recommend trying them on first before buying. That's why brick and mortar optically exist. Oh and they give good customer service. Ordering online you are left asking others to answer your questions for free. Think about that ;) if you buy from someone shouldn't they do your adjustments, repairs, and after sales?

Just look for your eyes to be centered tip to bottom. Or go some where and make the purchase from someone who can help. Maybe even ask if they match Oakley pricing?

So just because a frame looks similar doesn't mean your eyes will sit vertically in the end spot. If you don't specifically specify an OC height the Oakley lab puts it dead center top to bottom. So you probably got lucky that gibston rx keeps your eyes centered. I imagine your eyes sit either a few mm above or below the center on the cables. The Metalink is nice because it comes w three interchangeable nose rubbers. So if they sit to high or low you just change the rubber nose bridge.

Good luck. But I recommend trying them on first before buying. That's why brick and mortar optically exist. Oh and they give good customer service. Ordering online you are left asking others to answer your questions for free. Think about that ;) if you buy from someone shouldn't they do your adjustments, repairs, and after sales?

Just look for your eyes to be centered tip to bottom. Or go some where and make the purchase from someone who can help. Maybe even ask if they match Oakley pricing?
I appreciate the explanation and advice, thank you!

Latest Posts

Back