• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX Lenses

Jason Beer

Oakley Beginner
Hi All,

New to the forum so firstly Hi to all :)

I just wanted some advise on the RX Lenses? I'm lookin at the Fives Squared frames but I'm undecided whether to go for the BLACK IRIDIUM POLARISED or the GREY POLARISED ones?

Has anyone got any experience with these lenses?

Thanks - Jason

Google 'Oakley Lens Tint Guide'

You'll want to consider light transmission, polarized or not, contrast or neutral and maybe iridium coated or a see through lens.

I believe grey lacks an iridium coating which allows the lens to be more translucent, therefore your eyes will be visible. Also it allows more light through, more of a medium to sunny day where as the BIP is the darkest lenses available, designed for intense light.

Essentially the two lenses you mentioned are similar in performance, function and aesthetics.

Visiting an Oakley store will be of help as well.

That's really great info thanks guys :)

I'll definitely be going for the Polarised Lenses and I'm leaning more now towards the BIP ones as plan to use them mainly in the height of the summer and for driving.

Well I've now settled on the frames and lenses and the order is been placed today

One more question though....Oakley Prescription lenses do they have a identifier on them confirming that they are Oakley made lenses?

Thanks

Latest Posts

Back