• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rx Oakley’s from Pearle?

Buster1

Oakley Beginner
Las Vegas
Hi guys new here, and I have a question.

I’m thinking of getting some Rx Oakley Straightlinks from Pearle Vision. I like the Iridium mirrored options but am wondering if they will use authentic Oakley tints and mirroring? I don’t know much about it, and don’t want some wacky “Pearle Vision” version of an Oakley mirroring that looks odd.

Secondly, how are your rx Oakley’s? Good quality?

Thanks!

Buster

Welcome.
Oakley Rx frames are robust.
I’ve been using the same Straightline 4.0 for five years now, and they’re still as good as new.

Update: well my Pearle Vision Store DOES NOT send them to Oakley! I went in to order today and they told me that Pearle does the lenses. So I asked “that means I’m not actually getting Oakley lenses with their advanced colors, mirroring, and technology?” They politely replied... “yes, that is correct.”

So unfortunately / fortunately I’m getting Oakley frames, but technically Pearle lenses and tint/mirroring.

I’m kinda miffed about this actually.

I’m also looking at some Prizm Golf Oakley’s and Oakley says they can do rx on their website... but I’m guessing Pearle won’t be s a bel to accommodate me. Grrr.

Update: well my Pearle Vision Store DOES NOT send them to Oakley! I went in to order today and they told me that Pearle does the lenses. So I asked “that means I’m not actually getting Oakley lenses with their advanced colors, mirroring, and technology?” They politely replied... “yes, that is correct.”

So unfortunately / fortunately I’m getting Oakley frames, but technically Pearle lenses and tint/mirroring.

I’m kinda miffed about this actually.

I’m also looking at some Prizm Golf Oakley’s and Oakley says they can do rx on their website... but I’m guessing Pearle won’t be s a bel to accommodate me. Grrr.
Food for thought: does Oakley even make the RX lenses for Oakley ? Or are they outsourced to a Lux affiliate?

@Oakley G ? Thoughts?

I do not understand that response from Pearle. If you order Rx lenses from specifically Oakley, you will get their tech and coatings. As an example if you order a Prizm Rx, you will get an authentic Prizm lens with its matching Iridium coating. Pearle is not substituting Prizm with something else. Perhaps they mixed up their response to where it is made? It used to be the Rx lens orders were sent to Foothills Ranch, but Luxottica has started the process of centralizaztion so that orders are now diverting to labs in Atlanta, Dallas, and Columbus.

It doesn’t make sense to me either. I asked two people at Pearle, who both seemed knowledgeable, and they said the same thing... that I would not be getting “Oakley” lenses and tech. They even brought over two cases of these plastic lens disc examples for me to choose my tint and mirror. I said “I’d like Oakley tint, mirror and tech” and they said it can’t be done.

Latest Posts

Back