• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Rx question

Redsoxwin

Oakley Beginner
Hi, need to this forum but finding lots of helpful information. My question of about an rx prescription. I just received flak 2.0 xl frames with rx prism golf lenses. I’m finding my eyes are fatigued after a few minutes and I suspect it’s due to the curvature of the lenses, based in part from posts by @Chris A Hardaway.
Maybe this isn’t the best frame for me. Chris, would love to contact you with my rx and get your opinion.

I accidentally ordered Holbrook metals with Rx lenses. I notice no change for better or worse. I have 20/15 vision 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi, need to this forum but finding lots of helpful information. My question of about an rx prescription. I just received flak 2.0 xl frames with rx prism golf lenses. I’m finding my eyes are fatigued after a few minutes and I suspect it’s due to the curvature of the lenses, based in part from posts by @Chris A Hardaway.
Maybe this isn’t the best frame for me. Chris, would love to contact you with my rx and get your opinion.
Maybe go ask your opticians to double check the OC height and PD measurements for accuracy. If they aren't directly in front of your pupils I'd ask for a remake. +/- 1 mm is allowable for tolerance.

Also if you aren't wearing glass full time indoor and outdoor that could be your issue. I do believe someone who isn't wearing correction full time, then throwing sunglasses on in short bursts would have adaption issues.

Maybe go ask your opticians to double check the OC height and PD measurements for accuracy. If they aren't directly in front of your pupils I'd ask for a remake. +/- 1 mm is allowable for tolerance.

Also if you aren't wearing glass full time indoor and outdoor that could be your issue. I do believe someone who isn't wearing correction full time, then throwing sunglasses on in short bursts would have adaption issues.
Thanks for the reply. Double checking the oc/pd/rx is my first step. I’ve been wearing glasses for many years, so that’s not an issue. My cylinder corrections are -2.50/-2.00 and from what I understand that may be high for the Flak 2.0 frame.

Thanks for the reply. Double checking the oc/pd/rx is my first step. I’ve been wearing glasses for many years, so that’s not an issue. My cylinder corrections are -2.50/-2.00 and from what I understand that may be high for the Flak 2.0 frame.
I believe they go up to 3.00 cylinder so you should be ok. I truly believe the OC or PD is off. The optician could have measured it incorrectly. Or Oakley RX department could have actually made them wrong, and they are outside the specs your optician ordered. The way your optical handles your complaint will tell you a lot about their skill and experience. This should be an easy fix for them if you are calm and polite :) I don't think that will be difficult for you! Good luck.

Latest Posts

Back