• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX sunglasses for outdoor tennis

georgiejr

Oakley Beginner
Hi. I play tennis 2-3x a week at a park. Is it advisable to get progressive or single distance lenses and what are the best lens (prefer XL lenses) to easily that yellow-green tennis ball. Would also like to be a daily sunglass wear outdoors. Looking at the Flak Jacket 2.0 or the half jacket 2.0. Which frame would be more versatile - accept the lenses of the other frame? Please advise and thank you

Last edited:
You could go with either frame, the flak 2.0 XL is usually more popular and just a little bit bigger. It can accommodate a higher RX as well. If polarization is not a must have for you (non-polarized is better for mot sports because polarization can diminish depth perception) I would take a look at prizm field or prizm road. Both will give you a contrast boost and will help you to track the ball while in the air. You might want to go in store and try the lenses before you order them.

I sold a pair of Prizm Golf to someone that plays tennis, and later came back saying it was a huge help. I'd say, go to your local Oakley store and try them out.
As for frames, The Flak 2.0 is probably my recommendation.

Latest Posts

Back