• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX/transitions Help And Advice Please!

Looks nice, transition lenses emerald I guess takes some getting use to. Mine are clear to dark gray and it transitions smoothly that I do not notice it.
Yes, I knew they wouldn't be as clear as a totally clear lens but I rarely sit in the dark and read so it didn't worry me, that was the first time we went outside after I got them, I only noticed they had tinted over when I noticed I wasn't squinting if that makes sense!
Did they offer any other iridium transition colors?
Yes, I was offered I think 3 choices, but I thought (well I was told) that this one looked the nicest when clear so I went with it.
Whoa! They look awesome! So you went to vision express and they can do original OEM oakley transition glasses?
Yes took my frames in and originally asked for clear lenses with poss of a grey or brown transitions, it was only a few £ more to have the iridium, so I thought why not? Oakley lenses, have a little O on the left lense, most places can't do the curve with a prescription without the calculations on how the xyz (is that the right name?) lenses are made (which Oakley don't give out) so you end up with the same issue 3rd party lenses do re clarity.
I'm wearing them at the moment and what I find is it's a bit like there is a vague notion that you are looking at the screen through a picture of something else. Guess I will have to go back and make sure they are correct. Really like the look of emerald though, not had it in a frame for years.
The wife got a blue polarized one in her c wires which is a lovely colour.

Back