• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RX user here!

FullMetalFaceless

Oakley Beginner
Auckland
Newbie here, but an Oakley RX user for more than 8 years now. Since my first Pewter Wiretap in 2007, I never looked back for anything other than Oakleys.

It took me 4 years to replace my first pair, and what seems to be my love for the wiretap made me wanted for more. Since it was already discontinued, I luckily found 2 pairs of used but not abused pairs, a silver and another pewter. The former had RX fitted by previous owner and the latter came with a +Red Iridium lens. The silver is my work horse RX with black transitions, and the pewter is left with stock lens, I love the X-Men vibe on these sunnies.

Fast forward to 2013, the Crosslink Sweep caught my attention and hurriedly ordered a Grey Smoke Retina Burn, also fitted with black transitions. I love the weight on these!

My quest for my second vision did not end there.

I long coveted the X-metals, and have been reading about them. I had a few attempts to buy a Juliet and transform it to an RX, but have been discouraged due to the curvature of the frame, would create distortion and dizziness (as what a local optical shop told me).

But this forum proved otherwise! It was only a matter of time to get me a pair and make the ultimate transformation. Immediately found a mint no lens 4th Gen Polished Juliet with Hammerstems! I went to another optical shop, and chose an Essilor Transitions Graphite Green! No vision distortion, a bit of dizziness at first since my prescription changed, but got used to it and now it's sweet as!

I can't me more happier!

Better pictures later

image.jpeg

Back