• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ryan Arbabi One-off Juliet.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyeraudio

Juliet Enthusiast
Saw this listed on the O-Review Serial list as RY######.....whats the story behind this X-Metal/Ice Juliet?

RVF got any info?

This is something I have tried to find facts about for a long time without success. Lets consider some points. A Ryan Arbabi google search does not seem to pinpoint someone who Oakley would typically associate themselves with in connection with a signature piece, and there does not appear to be anyone within the collecting fraternity who has a pair. Consider also the handful of factory produced X Metals that were not released, none have serial numbers, examples include; Penny-Carbon-+Red, Romeo-Copper-Black, & Romeo-Polished Black Chrome-Black. I therefore question, if Oakley made a Juliet for Mr Ryan Arbabi, why not just pair an X Metal with Ice which seems to be the item up for discussion? Why issue a RY###### serial and then give him the pair as a one off? Did Oakley serial personal pairs they made for Montoya or Ichiro? I doubt it. Taking everything into consideration, there is no evidence I have seen that suggests a Ryan Arbabi Juliet exists, and all logic seems to suggest that it does not. The irony is that even if there is a pair, would it be much of a big deal anyway? No box, label, paperwork, coin, in fact you could get an X Metal frame, install an ice lens, give it an older microbag and the only thing missing is just the serial, which presumably would be RY000001.

it exists. a picture was posted on o review near when it first started. ryan arbabi is not a celebrity or anything like that. he is just a collector like all of us. no body really knows the story behind it. some of us think he just knows someone at oakley that did a one off for him.

Thanks both RVF and T!......I'd like to see the pic...especially the RY###### serial on the arm.....seems alot of the pics on the O-Review I cannot see.....most don't load....Dann said they were hacked a few years back and thats why......

yea the hackin took away a lot of pictures. i do not think many have it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back