• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sad Story and Finish Help Needed

I know I'm usually in the small minority, but I say wear it like a badge of honor. Honest wear marks and the like show more character and bring definition and uniqueness. Same as customizing, but its earned.

I concur with this. Minty fresh metals are nice but metals with a history and character is even more defining. Although with this pair, @pupusasrock needs to come up with a better story instead of "i was foolish and forgot about them on top of my car" :p

My first XMetals came from somebody doing this.
Having it come from someone else I'd want it fixed. But it's like anything else in life; it will get marks and scratches.

I just got a brand new watch, wore it on vacation, and put a scratch in the sapphire face. SOB. Oh well, every time I notice it I'll remember the vacation

I know I'm usually in the small minority, but I say wear it like a badge of honor. Honest wear marks and the like show more character and bring definition and uniqueness. Same as customizing, but its earned.
This. The Juliet I've had since college has a bunch of battle scars.

So I am an idiot. Over the weekend I was out of my element and ended up putting my Juliets on the top of my car. Well I forgot about them, and the next time I went driving.. well you can guess what happened next. I was going about 45mph when they flew off my car and hit the pavement. I actually didn't even know what they were, but thankfully I went back to look and found them next to the curb. The picture below is what I found.....

Sad.jpg

So here is my question and why I need help. They are 2nd gen plasma, so from what I understand that it is a coating on the frames. The orbitals are scratched, but don't look terrible, the real eyesore is the nose bridge.

So my question is, what do I do next? I have a dremel, but I am sure if I tried to polish out the scratches, they would look terrible. Perhaps I could get a new nose bridge, but I have not idea how I would do that. So, I reach out to the community, what is the best way to make these look as good as they can again?
If you really want them back to "perfect" just send them to @THE X-MAN

If you don't mind the battle scar look keep them like that.

The decision is yours but the battle scars are cool.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I really don't want to refinish them, so I think I will let the battle scars stay. I just wish I had a better story to tell about them! ;)

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I really don't want to refinish them, so I think I will let the battle scars stay. I just wish I had a better story to tell about them! ;)

It should evolve and become more epic over time. ;)

Back