• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Safe Lens Storage

I have just gotten hooked on lense/frame modding and will have a few pair of lenses left over, some I will sell, some I will store. How do you die hard collectors store your spares safely? Is there some kind of microfiber storage bag on ebay or what not? And should they be stored together or seperate. Cheers once again guys!

I do have a special microfiber bag to store them. A smaller verison of the cleaning one with a divider in the middle. I haven't bought one though so I'm not sure how to get one. One came from my livestong jawbones the other from the warranty department when I got a pair of lenses for my frogskins

...should they be stored together or seperate. Cheers once again guys!

Same question as I can't tell if it was fully answered, is it safe to put multiple lenses together in the same microfiber bag? (I'm just using a spare regular size one) Or might the lenses get scratched just by rubbing against each other?

Definitely keep them separate, not together. I ruined a pair of Ice lenses a couple years ago before I even got to use them. I took them out to make sure they were perfect, and then put them together in the same side of the lens bag like an idiot because I was in a rush. When I took them out a few weeks later to install they were totally trashed, big mistake.

Back