• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Salt Water Swimming Pool and X Metals

beergrover

Oakley Beginner
Here is a questions PERFECT for this group.....

So...say I have a long day at work....long hot day....and I get home and take wallet out of my pants and jump into pool clothes and all. Would a salt water pool harm the finish/rubber etc on a pair of X Metals in any way? Why I am asking is yesterday while floating away the afternoon on a sunny day I was thinking about how awesome it would have been to have my Polarized X Metals on. Of course...only if they are not negatively affected by the water. Again....salt water swimming pool (less saline than human tears).

Thanks all

M

Yeah, I'd just wash them well. Salt and rubber/steel is not good, so the rubber pieces and the screws, not to mention lenses will all eventually be destroyed if exposed to the salt. That assumes you never wash em, lol. Just rinse them off in fresh water and I wouldn't give it a second thought. Anything that deteriorates on them is replaceable anyway, so enjoy!

Yep.......joecools hit the nail on that. Don't put too much thought into it just keep them clean and take care of them. They're made of titanium there's not a lot that can destroy them or the stainless steel Hardware

Not glasses but look what salt water did to this rare Emerald Time Bomb......salt under the crystal.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469997395.571879.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469997412.926599.jpg

As the others have said, the frames themselves should be fine. The only thing that I could think of that might be affected would be the anti reflective coating on the lenses, but those are replaceable.

Yep.......joecools hit the nail on that. Don't put too much thought into it just keep them clean and take care of them. They're made of titanium there's not a lot that can destroy them or the stainless steel Hardware
@Dieseltech can attest to that I think. Then again his was at the bottom of a lake for who knows how long?

I used mine when I was swimming in the ocean. After that, I washed it with fresh water. I think that if you then wash it in fresh water then everything will be fine. Why does your pool have salt water instead of bleach water? It's just that when I installed a pool, I was told that it would be better to have bleach in my pool. This way, the infection will not spread. I make sure that the water in my pool is always clean. I even bought a pool cleaner on https://homendgarden.com/best-pool-cleaner-reviews/.

Why does your pool have salt water instead of bleach water? It's just that when I installed a pool, I was told that it would be better to have bleach in my pool. This way, the infection will not spread. I make sure that the water in my pool is always clean. I even bought a pool cleaner on Best Pool Cleaner Reviews and Buying Guide for 2020.
In my experience salt water pools are cheaper and easier to maintain than buying chlorine.

Back