• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sample Pairs On Ebay, What Are Your Thoughts?

mega8zero

Oakley Enthusiast
I am temped on buyung the pitboss 2 samples on ebay, i was just wondering if there are major differences between the sample pair and the regular pair, and if it is fine to get some sample pairs. there have been a lot of sample pair pitboss 2 on ebay, so a few of them perhaps landed on one of you guys. Let me know your opinions. Thanks!

I think the ones that come out of the Chinese copy factory's say sample in them . aka fakes . I'd be weary of them honestly . I have seen fakes of other Oakley's from China say sample on them .

I was under the understanding the pairs marked sample were actual samples used in stores for display/sample models?!

Pairs that are marked "SAMPLE" are sales samples, used by sales reps to show customers new models. They are sold thru the Vault stores now and then.

Pairs that are marked "SAMPLE" are sales samples, used by sales reps to show customers new models.
I am not here to argue but as I have stated in other threads I work for a company doing brand protection and the same places that sell our items sell Oakley's . The Chinese put sample on a lot of counterfeits so that it is easier to move them without boxes and bags and less likely to get caught . They do the same thing to our items as well as the popular "bulk pack" . I am not saying they are all fakes just stating things which I know to be factual to take in to consideration when making an expensive purchase like that . safe > sorry

I think the ones that come out of the Chinese copy factory's say sample in them . aka fakes . I'd be weary of them honestly . I have seen fakes of other Oakley's from China say sample on them .
I think what you are trying to say here is when chinese fake suppliers ship thier fake products overseas and mark the shipment parcel with samples to avoid being inspected at customs, but not inscribed at the product itself. Is this what you are trying to say? If not, my bad.

Thanks for the input, i heard from a friend that samples written in the frame are sales samples from sales rep, resold at the vault stores. Thanks for confirming this.
That is not what I was trying to say . I was meaning with the word sample inscribed . I will include an example . I have a pair of crosslink Rx frame arms I got from eBay that are indeed fakes when compared to the real and it is stamped with trial sample

uploadfromtaptalk1409667604261.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1409667618638.jpg

Latest Posts

Back