• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sand Blasting Or Polishing

Jaws12r

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi Guys, I have just got hold of a slightly beaten up pair of X-metal frame Juliet's. I have done so reading but it seems like most of the posts on polishing are on Ti or Plasma frames. My x metal Juliet's have some worn areas which seems like some scratches. So can we actually sand blast the frame to make it look like new? Or is there some kind of polishing method?
I really wish I'm in the states so I can send my Juliets to the X man to have them fixed up like new but I'm too far away in Singapore. So guys , any advice on blasting etc...

Thanks.

Yes.

Whether you polish or sandblast or coat, it doesn't really matter what finish you're starting with - they're all the same titanium alloy. The only difference in which method is used is what the finished results will be.

And x-man has a lot of international customers. Brazil is the only "no ship" zone...

Hi Guys, I have just got hold of a slightly beaten up pair of X-metal frame Juliet's. I have done so reading but it seems like most of the posts on polishing are on Ti or Plasma frames. My x metal Juliet's have some worn areas which seems like some scratches. So can we actually sand blast the frame to make it look like new? Or is there some kind of polishing method?
I really wish I'm in the states so I can send my Juliets to the X man to have them fixed up like new but I'm too far away in Singapore. So guys , any advice on blasting etc...

Thanks.

Hey. I'm from sg as well.
Already sent(and got them back) 2 pairs of juliets over to the xman. One for nose bridge tightening one for refinishing. Use singpost airmail non registered. Registered mail would require signature upon receipt and the Xman wouldn't be able to do that.

It is a risk tho. Being non registered airmail you don't get any tracking number when the package is bound for the US. If it goes missing.. Well... There's nth you can do.

I took the risk and I got both my juliets back heh

Also, you might wanna consider using a freight forwarder (cgw or vpost) as they usually pass it over to DHL or Fedex to ship your juliets back to sg.

HI HM Low, Thanks for the information on shipping.... maybe i can try singpost to send it to X man. but i think i read in a thread somewhere that for Asia countries, we have to send at least a few pairs in order to justify X man Q-ing at the post office or something right?

Also, i'm quite a trial and error guy so might want to try my hand at sand blasting the frame myself first *Fingers Crossed*.... if anything goes wrong i can still send it to X-man..... right?
Hi X-man, any advice on the type of material used .. what size grain... type ... etc.

HI HM Low, Thanks for the information on shipping.... maybe i can try singpost to send it to X man. but i think i read in a thread somewhere that for Asia countries, we have to send at least a few pairs in order to justify X man Q-ing at the post office or something right?

Like I said, use a freight forwarder to get it back to sg.
I am not a big fan of usps(or any other national mail service provider). Thing is, when shipments cross border another organization handles your parcel. Too many variables in this.
I prefer DHL through a local freight forwarder.

Thanks Low, So can I know roughly how much did you spend on shipping to and fro? Thanks.

Back