• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sandblasted or Polished?

Padayon8

Oakley Beginner
Hi Guys! I’m new to Oakley and I found XMetal my choice of collection and I want to hear your opinions guys.

I got this Juliet Hammerhead Polished with a JG serial number and it badly needs overhaul and have lots of scratches. Should I have it sandblasted or retain to its serial’s model?

4AF0EE05-C3AF-43AE-95A0-E6B1DECC6A9C.jpeg

I would say refinish it on your own. A bit of chrome polish from Amazon or your local auto body shop and some fine grit steel wool. I'd recommend the 0000 grade. With a little patience and elbow grease, you'll be good to go. Also, the time spent restoring your frames on your own will add that personal connection to them.

I would say refinish it on your own. A bit of chrome polish from Amazon or your local auto body shop and some fine grit steel wool. I'd recommend the 0000 grade. With a little patience and elbow grease, you'll be good to go. Also, the time spent restoring your frames on your own will add that personal connection to them.
Thanks bro for the great advice! 💪🏽