• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sapphire vs. Prizm Road?

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
I apologize if this has been demonstrated somewhere. If so the link would be appreciated (my search failed).

From what I understand, Sapphire does have a rose base. While I'm liking Prizm Road from a practical standpoint, I'm wondering how similar/different Sapphire is. Aesthetically it I like it, so I hope it's something I can rotate.

I have both the sapphire and prizm road and they are nothing alike. i don't see the rose base in the sapphire lens at all

I never even noticed Sapphire had a rose base until you mentioned it. When I hold them up to the light I can see it. But when I wear them, it isn't really noticeable.

I've been wearing both Sapphire and Prizm Road lately, and I would definitely recommend going with the Prizm Road. Sapphire does look nice from the outside, but Prizm Road isn't a slouch either - I think it looks better than +Red (and that was my old go to lens). You can always buy both and swap the out as needed...but if you want to stick with one, I would go with Prizm Road for sure.

I never even noticed Sapphire had a rose base until you mentioned it. When I hold them up to the light I can see it. But when I wear them, it isn't really noticeable.

I've been wearing both Sapphire and Prizm Road lately, and I would definitely recommend going with the Prizm Road. Sapphire does look nice from the outside, but Prizm Road isn't a slouch either - I think it looks better than +Red (and that was my old go to lens). You can always buy both and swap the out as needed...but if you want to stick with one, I would go with Prizm Road for sure.

Thanks. Already got the Prizm Road with the Jawbreakers. Was thinking of getting the extra lens once they release (this month iirc). Quite frankly the plan is a second pair but I'm totally undecided on that one.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. I am also on the fence wether to get a sapphire iridium or a prizm road lens.

I will use this for cycling and for daily wear also. What will be more versatile of the 2? Hope to get more feedback.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. I am also on the fence wether to get a sapphire iridium or a prizm road lens.

I will use this for cycling and for daily wear also. What will be more versatile of the 2? Hope to get more feedback.
I believe you'll be happier with Prizm Road.

Take both bro. These two are great lenses.

Lol, In the back of my mind I will probably be getting both. But what color to prioritize? It seems that the Prizm road is more versatile? What is more comfortable to the eyes for an almost all day use?

Lol, In the back of my mind I will probably be getting both. But what color to prioritize? It seems that the Prizm road is more versatile? What is more comfortable to the eyes for an almost all day use?
Yes the prizm is good as daily driving pair

Back