• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Saved a Minute Machine from the Parts Bin

Thanks all, appreciate all the comments and likes.
OMG, that's freaking amazing. Nicer than any OEM or custom MM that I've seen.

May I ask where did you get the color rings for it? Are those readily available? ebay? Amazon?

Thanks, these are the stock washers airbrushed in acrylic, just on the edges.. Just in case I didn't like it they could easily be returned to stock. Currently undergoing wear testing for durability, if a fail I will try Cerakote.

Blue would be sick

Thats what I was thinking when I was doing this one. Here is my plan. Find a beat up blue face polished. Put the blue movement in my black Ti band, candy blue bezel and washers. Blast the chrome and black Cerakote and put the black movement is for a stealth.

Oakley should really hire from this forum to create even better products. This watch looks like it should have existed as a standard colorway. Perfect!
I thought the same, all the color options on the faces yet only 2 bezel colors, black and grey.

Last edited:
Brilliant! Just brilliant!!! I won't be surprised if you'll get pms asking if you customize theirs. I know I would! ;) Just need a beat up one first that needs some extra attention lol! Amazing work bro!!!

LOL, get in line bro !!
You are first on the list. May be a long wait, I cant seem to part with anything O except for trashing worn out T shirts. True sign of an addict, hoarder, shelf whore.

Baddest MM I haveever seen, hands down.
Stunning would love to know where u got those washers so I can do the same to mine. Such a frigging awesome looking watch
Brilliant! Just brilliant!!! I won't be surprised if you'll get pms asking if you customize theirs. I know I would! ;) Just need a beat up one first that needs some extra attention lol! Amazing work bro!!!
Thanks guys, appreciate it. I am probably to slow to do this for anyone else. The only reason this got finished is my wife was out of town for the weekend. 3 days in my man cave.:party:

Ah, my work network blocked the hosted images before, but I can see them now. Very nice indeed.

A question - with that level of disassembly, removing the crystal in particular, did you take any steps to ensure / confirm its water resistance rating after reassembly?

Back