• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Savitars should I go polarised vs non polarised

Prizm black polarized is about as dark as it gets. I think the issue is coverage, try a pair with bigger lenses.

Non polarized isn’t darker if that’s what you’re asking.
To piggyback off that.

I have whiskers and I have a Holbrook XL. They both have Prizm Tungsten Polarized. The same lens on the whiskers appears a little lighter and also slightly warmer... But that's because of eye coverage.

The Holbrook XL blocks more stray light and by doing so, it doesn't quite as feel warmer because you're not seeing a comparison out of your peripheral view, so your eyes get adjusted to the color more fully.

Not much dark option for non polarized then. Tungsten tends to be a varied weather option and typically brighter than most other options.

Rose gold and Tungsten are going to look very close In appearance. With rose gold only being 1% darker. (13 vs 14), prizm black and prizm black polarized are both 11% but the glare reduction in polarized can cut a tiny bit more light out. Sapphire is in the middle at 12%

There's currently no other option for the Savitar other than what you just listed.
Prizm black polarized is about as dark as it gets. I think the issue is coverage, try a pair with bigger lenses.

Non polarized isn’t darker if that’s what you’re asking.
thanks for your feedback guys, i was going to try some of the non polarised but glare reduction is pretty important for me, ive tried the chrome frame with black polarised and I think I like them:)

the sapphire and gold lens were just a bit too busy and sportish for me:)

thanks for your feedback guys, i was going to try some of the non polarised but glare reduction is pretty important for me, ive tried the chrome frame with black polarised and I think I like them:)

the sapphire and gold lens were just a bit too busy and sportish for me:)
Chrome and black sounds really nice.

Post up some pics!

Chrome and black sounds really nice.

Post up some pics!
Hehe
Screenshot_20211206-080813_Chrome.jpg

@WildWires
I am not personally familiar with Savitars. Do you think the issue is just coverage? All those lenses are plenty dark. But perhaps letting a lot of light around them.
Yep I’d say it’s probably a coverage by lens base curve deal. The Savitars actually sit in your ‘eye socket’ so if they fit a person, they fit great and if they don’t fit they probably let a lot of light ’leak’ in. Thanks

Satin Chrome Prizm black P is the best one, why? Because I have it 😜
I like the chrome frame finish more than the black finish..
Same. I thought the chrome black would be better but chrome frame seems classier....

Ps love the lightweightedness of it.
Once I tried it on, it was a no brainer

Back