• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Savitars should I go polarised vs non polarised

Hellohello123

Oakley Beginner
so im a huge oakley metal frame fan, went to the store to look at the whisker lens styled glasses
the store didnt have any so I tried some other metal framed ones,

didnt like the straight edged savitars, tried them on, loved the lightness, and the shape is growing on me

so I bought 3 colours of the polarised ones with the intention of returning 2 of them (with the shops permission)
I kind of like all of them but finding them a bit too bright for casual/everyday use,

should i look at the non polarised ones, the only thing is I dont think see through lenses suit me

i kind of prefer the chrome frame with a silver/grey lens

ps i wont be using this for sport, fishing at all, just driving and walking

For driving I typically lean polarized, take glare off things like roads, glass, etc etc.

Depends on your preference or if you have not enjoyed polarized in the past (some people are sensitive to the effect).

Assuming you purchased prizm black polarized, prizm sapphire polarized, and prizm rose gold polarized- if you want a darker lens you won’t get anything darker in non-polarized vs prizm black polarized.

You might be able to find a square wire with black iridium polarized (which I think feels darker than prizm black polarized), but in the Savitar line there isn’t anything darker, regular prizm black would be the closest (Same light transmission actually).

You might wanna listen to Wildwires. That's our forums resident expert on wires.....
Expert is a bit of a stretch 😀. I just really like the Savitar too ame thought I’d chime in. You could also grab an older set of wires in the forum exchange and have a set of prizm snow black lenses cut for the frame too. That’s the darkest lens Oakley makes (and the darkest lens I know of).

So far I have purchased polarised: Blue, gold and silver (thats all that's available here)

For the non polarised we only have tungsten and black lens

Not sure if there are more colours,
Not much dark option for non polarized then. Tungsten tends to be a varied weather option and typically brighter than most other options.

Rose gold and Tungsten are going to look very close In appearance. With rose gold only being 1% darker. (13 vs 14), prizm black and prizm black polarized are both 11% but the glare reduction in polarized can cut a tiny bit more light out. Sapphire is in the middle at 12%

There's currently no other option for the Savitar other than what you just listed.

Prizm black polarized is about as dark as it gets. I think the issue is coverage, try a pair with bigger lenses.

Non polarized isn’t darker if that’s what you’re asking.

Back