• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Savitars should I go polarised vs non polarised

I briefly had Rose Gold one (primarily for the frame color at the time), but I didn't like how Rose Gold looked compared to Tungsten (guessing the front color reflected away made it lean more green).

Prizm Tungsten is one of the best lenses IMHO.
I was skeptical having mainly stuck with Shallow water as my first 'warm' tint on prizm, but got Tungsten lens to replace them and I'm almost always wearing them on either the Holbrook XL or the Whisker if I'm not using the Maritime on the XS (become more of my comfort lens for cloudy days, Tungsten hides the shadows too much when its that dark due to the extra contrast).

so im a huge oakley metal frame fan, went to the store to look at the whisker lens styled glasses
the store didnt have any so I tried some other metal framed ones,

didnt like the straight edged savitars, tried them on, loved the lightness, and the shape is growing on me

so I bought 3 colours of the polarised ones with the intention of returning 2 of them (with the shops permission)
I kind of like all of them but finding them a bit too bright for casual/everyday use,

should i look at the non polarised ones, the only thing is I dont think see through lenses suit me

i kind of prefer the chrome frame with a silver/grey lens

ps i wont be using this for sport, fishing at all, just driving and walking
Going back to your original question, if those polarized versions are still too bright you won’t find a darker lens version for the Savitar non-polarized (especially if the chrome/prizm black polarized colorway is still too bright). Your best option would be to look at the square wire in black iridium polarized or go to a non-wire frame and get prizm snow black lens.

Going back to your original question, if those polarized versions are still too bright you won’t find a darker lens version for the Savitar non-polarized (especially if the chrome/prizm black polarized colorway is still too bright). Your best option would be to look at the square wire in black iridium polarized or go to a non-wire frame and get prizm snow black lens.
I'd curious what regular applications or daily activities where around 10% transmissions is too bright. Short of like mountain climbing with nothing but snow and sun.

Oh I might have been unclear
I meant too bright from the outside.

Eg. The blue lens looks cool and I love it but turning up to a dinner or driving, I don't want to look like I've come off the sports field or looking like a "punk"

I found the silver lens to be a bit too blingy, but I am getting used to it

Back