• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Saw this ad and I'm thinking... Oakley does that for cheaper...

KarlBlessing

I should Work at Oakley
West Michigan
1619556464616.png

Correct me if I'm wrong... but doesn't Oakley's O-matter frames pretty much withstand even a car driving over it (ie: it'll twist up and bend, sure, but it's not going to shatter/snap), not to mention the lens being impact resistant.

The advertised glasses above are $300+ , but I'd rather pay less for most of the standard Oakley, especially since I'm not doing something tacky-ass-hell as using it as a bottle opener.

1619556627463.png

Correct me if I'm wrong... but doesn't Oakley's O-matter frames pretty much withstand even a car driving over it (ie: it'll twist up and bend, sure, but it's not going to shatter/snap), not to mention the lens being impact resistant.
Nope, not with O-Matter, not that I know of. But X-Metal, they have demonstrated being run over by a car. I just haven't seen it myself being an Oakley Romeo owner

Nope, not with O-Matter, not that I know of. But X-Metal, they have demonstrated being run over by a car. I just haven't seen it myself being an Oakley Romeo owner
Good to know, course it wouldn't interest me if I can't get oakley prizm lens into the frame or it's equivalent quality (which I doubt those are).

If you run over an XMetal with a car, you're bending the living fawk out of it, so don't...

sane if you run a plastic Oakley over with a car...

just don't...

:p not sure anyone would do it intentionally.

And not even sure they says anything about durability anyways. Not like you can pick it up and go without the lens being fubar for use.

Back when X Metals were more available, Oakley telesales and warranty got lots of messages where owners ran over their pairs with a variety of vehicles and wanted the broken, bent glasses replaced for free. I don’t know where some get the idea X Metals are indestructible but they really really aren’t.

View attachment 859981

The advertised glasses above are $300+ , but I'd rather pay less for most of the standard Oakley, especially since I'm not doing something tacky-ass-hell as using it as a bottle opener.

View attachment 859982
Oakley hasn’t ever had a lifetime warranty that I’m aware of. I love the O, but fact is those are probably tougher than any O frame. If they aren’t, at least you can probably get them warrantied for as long as they’re in business.

Oakley hasn’t ever had a lifetime warranty that I’m aware of. I love the O, but fact is those are probably tougher than any O frame. If they aren’t, at least you can probably get them warrantied for as long as they’re in business.
Noticed this on their About Us page.

1619584523544.png

Not exactly sure how this frames the lifetime guarantee when losing them while trespassing? (plus they state at the bottom, it's only a guarantee against breakage, for a 'small processing fee', you get a 'discount' towards new ones if you just lose them outright).

Noticed this on their About Us page.

View attachment 860132
Not exactly sure how this frames the lifetime guarantee when losing them while trespassing? (plus they state at the bottom, it's only a guarantee against breakage, for a 'small processing fee', you get a 'discount' towards new ones if you just lose them outright).
That’s still pretty good

Back