• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Saw this ad and I'm thinking... Oakley does that for cheaper...

Oakley hasn’t ever had a lifetime warranty that I’m aware of. I love the O, but fact is those are probably tougher than any O frame. If they aren’t, at least you can probably get them warrantied for as long as they’re in business.
I swore I remember lifetime warranty back in the 90’s. 😳

Yes there were lifetime warranties on things like the original Eyeshade. Oakley doesn’t intend to honor those old lifetime warranties. They will want to upgrade you to a new frame at a discount. Remember Oakley’s goal is to keep you in their latest and greatest product so you continue to be a loyal consumer, not devote valuable resources to produce replacement parts for out of date products.

Yes there were lifetime warranties on things like the original Eyeshade. Oakley doesn’t intend to honor those old lifetime warranties. They will want to upgrade you to a new frame at a discount. Remember Oakley’s goal is to keep you in their latest and greatest product so you continue to be a loyal consumer, not devote valuable resources to produce replacement parts for out of date products.

They don’t make replacement parts for Juliet and R1 but have no problem rehashing the design over 20 yrs later. Will Sux now make replacement parts for those two frames again? No. It’s not about out of date products, it’s about $ and what gets them the most in the least amount of time.

They will re-release certain pairs every so often as a homage to the past. They’ve done that for years and will continue to do so again. In fact there may be some other re-releases in the near future if they can sort some things out. But the point is that these are fun little nods to the past but their priority aren’t to put you in these old frames forever. And yes, it’s about making money. It always is.

Back