• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scam messages removed? How do we stay informed?

@OakleyBoss
I have a question, and maybe I am getting some different stories mixed up in my head, but wasn't this deal done through ebay and they came here to inform people here, and then found out the the person they were dealing with was also a member here? In this case, they could not leave feedback here because the deal did not happen here, correct?
In a situation like this, what would you suggest?

I like the feedback system here and I hope more people use it since the changes you made to it.

@OakleyBoss
I have a question, and maybe I am getting some different stories mixed up in my head, but wasn't this deal done through ebay and they came here to inform people here, and then found out the the person they were dealing with was also a member here? In this case, they could not leave feedback here because the deal did not happen here, correct?

I like the feedback system here and I hope more people use it since the changes you made to it.

That's a fair point, will clean the thread and revert today.

@OakleyBoss

Yea that’s what happened. The only reason the seller came here is because bandit was not responding after multiple attempts to contact him. He was ignoring the seller, plain and simple. As I said before... the only reason this was resolved was because the thread was allowed to stay.

Retaliation. That is one reason people stay silent. They don't want to deal with retaliatory feedback. I've seen it first hand. I get ripped off. I then put it in the feedback. Next thing that happens, is the thief puts out feedback saying I'm the bad guy. And who will people believe? The new guy? Or the guy that everyone loves because he's giving away the stuff he stole. I almost left because I thought I had no other recourse.

Retaliation. That is one reason people stay silent. They don't want to deal with retaliatory feedback. I've seen it first hand. I get ripped off. I then put it in the feedback. Next thing that happens, is the thief puts out feedback saying I'm the bad guy. And who will people believe? The new guy? Or the guy that everyone loves because he's giving way the stuff he stole. I almost left because I thought I had no other recourse.

Definitely get retaliatory feedback - But how does that happen with the new system where your feedback is private until they leave feedback? That was the whole point of the enhancement. Basically no one can see feedback until you leave it back so that this can't occur.

Definitely get retaliatory feedback - But how does that happen with the new system where your feedback is private until they leave feedback? That was the whole point of the enhancement. Basically no one can see feedback until you leave it back so that this can't occur.
But what I'm saying is, what happens when one of the feedbacks is a lie? I tried to say I got ripped off. Then the tables were turned against me using the same feedback system. After feedback is left, I can't fight back further? The guy said I tried to rip him off when that was the lie. But most people won't know that.

My pont is, I felt I was left hanging out to dry even though I tried to use the feedback system. If it wasn't for what happened with Cacatman, the thief could have still been here ripping people off? How many other people got ripped off by Trump had their feedback ignored? Will people that 'ignore' you, even see your feedback? I remember trying to fight my case somehow, then having my first account restricted, almost banned. That was my reward for saying something.

Back