• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scary X Metal Frame Service: Engrave Serial Number

You are right, and they have been reported. Thanks for positing this stuff, but in the future, please post discussion stuff in the discussion threads instead of the exchange so that it doesn't clog the exchange
Cheers

Mods, please move this post to a discussion section
@SoulFulFrog @OakleyBoss @Ecko @YakuzaFloralGangsta
Thanks for mentioning. You're right. I feel folks need to be aware of fake serial numbers on xmetals!
Forum Staffs....feel free to move this thread to discussion section if needs to!

Yeah this listing was discussed earlier this week in this thread:

WTF just found this on Ebay.

Really most of his services are just typical refinishing-type stuff same as offered by a number of members here. It's his offer to engrave serials where he crosses the line into forgery.

Were he to offer custom engravings but refuse to copy OEM markings, that wouldn't be as bad. But really if it isn't this guy it'll be somebody else; with the tech being available the genie's out of the bottle.

I’m curious too see what it looks like. Need to figure out if there will be a way to distinguish between real and fake. I’m all for custom engraving like @Dieseltech has on his scuba pair, but putting factory like markings is where we cross legal boundaries. Having matching box is going to go a long way if these look somewhat legit.

I’m curious too see what it looks like. Need to figure out if there will be a way to distinguish between real and fake. I’m all for custom engraving like @Dieseltech has on his scuba pair, but putting factory like markings is where we cross legal boundaries. Having matching box is going to go a long way if these look somewhat legit.
Yes they shouldn’t do that!
The scuba Juliet I have is laser engraved and looks different too.

Last edited:
Back