• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

School me please. Blue lenses.

Nucchem

If you are not falling, you are not learning.
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dublin, Ca
Question OF,
Need a little lesson?
Blue lenses, the Ichiro OO blue. Are those "ice" blue or just blue? The OO stands for what again? I know the XS Carbon has the OO BI.
I know the Ichiro's had either a purple tint or a green tint. Whats the story on that?
Are the Carbon blue Ichiro lens the same lens as the polished blue Ichiro?
Do they make that shade of blue any more or is it like the Rubies that have lost the purple in place of yellow. Sapphire blue does not seem as deep.
Of course I am still in the market for the Juliet Ichiro carbon Blue, however I like the blue shade so much...just wondering on the exact story.
Seems they are the deepest blue out there, and by far the sexiest.
Does that shade and deep blue still exist?
Thanks

I know the carbon blue has more green, purple and Blue on the lenses, the polished blue has more purple blue mixture on It if I remember right, both lenses are amazing to look at though, I agree deep blue is great

Question OF,
Need a little lesson?
Blue lenses, the Ichiro OO blue. Are those "ice" blue or just blue? The OO stands for what again? I know the XS Carbon has the OO BI.
I know the Ichiro's had either a purple tint or a green tint. Whats the story on that?
Are the Carbon blue Ichiro lens the same lens as the polished blue Ichiro?
Do they make that shade of blue any more or is it like the Rubies that have lost the purple in place of yellow. Sapphire blue does not seem as deep.
Of course I am still in the market for the Juliet Ichiro carbon Blue, however I like the blue shade so much...just wondering on the exact story.
Seems they are the deepest blue out there, and by far the sexiest.
Does that shade and deep blue still exist?
Thanks
Dann can answer part of your question.

2B7B2B1B-9581-4611-B998-CF790B18BE32.png

So how does “Blue Iridum” Juliet lenses (not Ichiro) differ from the ice lenses or the Ichiro blue iridum? They look so similar to ice with purple but maybe a little darker.—but that could be a batch variation.

I’m assuming the blue iridum Ichiro and blue iridum only differ with a signature

I think saw some old thread theorize it was a labeling difference and the blue iridium was actually the same as ice.—going off memory.

4DCD4BB3-06DD-4085-B56D-5E7F3847A732.jpeg

So how does “Blue Iridum” Juliet lenses (not Ichiro) differ from the ice lenses or the Ichiro blue iridum? They look so similar to ice with purple but maybe a little darker.—but that could be a batch variation.

I’m assuming the blue iridum Ichiro and blue iridum only differ with a signature

I think saw some old thread theorize it was a labeling difference and the blue iridium was actually the same as ice.—going off memory.

View attachment 649724

Read above. Blue Iridium is not the same base as Ice Iridium. Blue Iridium is a mid trans contract lens, Ice is a dark grey base lens (neutral).

Geez yall make **** so confusing....

Blue iridium
Ice iridium
OO Blue iridium

These are all 3 different colors of iridium. This is the color of the coating applied to the outside of the lens.

Blue iridium has 2 different lenses. The old school blue has an amber base. That's like old mumbos.

The new Blue Iridium (like the polished juliet) has a grey base.

Ice has a grey base too but the iridium is darker that the blue above so it's a darker lens.

OO Blue is it's own iridium and is also on a grey base, though the OO Blue coating on the outside mixes with the grey base and gives it a bit of a rosy tint when looking through.

Than you have Deep Blue Polar. This is actually a Blue Iridium coating on top of a vr28 base, which ironically gives a grayish tint when looking through.

Theres more but nobody has mentioned any so I'll leave it out.

View attachment 649724

No.

Blue and OO Blue are 2 different coatings.

Back