• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

School me please. Blue lenses.

OO blue is not Ice Blue. OO is a Rose base lens, same as the )GXX lenses), G30, G40....
Blue Iridium is an Amber brown base, Ice is a Grey base.
The Juliet OO lenses (which are only called OO on the replacement packaging by the way, it’s nowhere on the glasses box) don’t have the G40 OO base, that was a later development.

The Juliet OO lenses (which are only called OO on the replacement packaging by the way, it’s nowhere on the glasses box) don’t have the G40 OO base, that was a later development.

Yes, we are all familiar with the packaging aspect. I have 2 JB sets, I know they are unmarked re the OO.
I don’t have a spare damaged blue irid to rub down as Kronin used to, but this is a Rose Base lens,( vr28 tint).

Yes, we are all familiar with the packaging aspect. I have 2 JB sets, I know they are unmarked re the OO.
I don’t have a spare damaged blue irid to rub down as Kronin used to, but this is a Rose Base lens,( vr28 tint).
I don’t think so. See the quote from Dann on page 1. The lenses have none of the characteristics of a rose base (G40 in later OOs rather than VR28) to look through. I was wrong on violet when it was polished down though so who knows?!

I don’t think so. See the quote from Dann on page 1. The lenses have none of the characteristics of a rose base (G40 in later OOs rather than VR28) to look through. I was wrong on violet when it was polished down though so who knows?!

Mate we could both be wrong on this. We can however only offer our best on it.
If anyone has an old blue irid lens to offer up we could test that.

Back