• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scored my first case, now to fill it!

These are the products I used on my case. Hope this helps.

IMG_3310.JPG

Depending on the look you are going for you can use 000 or 0000 steel wool. It's superfine and can take minor stains off giving you a nice brushed appearance. Remember to only rub in one direction from top to bottom. The flat panels of the drawers or bottom sides can be done in a small circular motion to keep the shot effect. Here's a before and after with just the steel wool. This works really well. You can't remove deep scratches however and unless you're experienced doing that so be careful. Mothers aluminum polish also works great. I prefer the satin look so I'm leaving mine just as is and will be sealing it with a wax. Your arm may get tired so have the wife with you. Tell her it's a bonding exercise that promotes togetherness or some crap!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Excellent tips, Medusa50! And will definitely get the wife involved. Heheheheh. From the bottom picture you posted, is that a die cast car collection I see behind the case?!

Back