• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratch-like texture on lense from water?!

Devoid_Synth

Oakley Beginner
Hey there,

I have some Radarlock glasses I use for running etc.

Yesterday I was running and it began to rain, so at the halfway point of my run, I took off my glasses that were a bit wet and put them in my Oakley microfibre bag and in my Camelbak. They were still a bit wet (hard to dry in the rain) but that wasn't concerning to me. When I got home I thought I'd clean the lense, like usual, but I noticed as I tried to wipe away what looked like water, it was actually a permanent texture, sort of like a large area scratch over much of the lense. It doesn't feel rough or anything like a scratch though - it's completely smooth. Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be or how to get rid of it? I may have to upload photos later if required.

Regards,
David

Pics would definitely help.
But I wonder if you are experiencing lens delamination.

Again... Pics will make it easier to diagnose.

We're you wearing any gel or other product in your hair that may have washed on to the lense in the rain? Delamination or some kind of chemical marking seems the most likely answer.

This is a bit of a stretch, but when one sweats, there can be traces of salt in said sweat. If left to dry it could crystalize, essentially leaving salt on your lense and frames. Rubbing it without wetting first could introduce some scratches. Though i would think fairly superficial.

Back