• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratch repair DIY - How to repair your Oakley lenses?

16165761837774217714785625569063.jpg
16165762695903969428999289802247.jpg

Probably overpaid a little but you don’t find them too often complete. It looks like preowned pairs are all over. You could ask the seller for a partial refund if you are really bugged by it since it does have a scratch in it.
If you purchased from me, I would have refunded maybe enough for a new lens. I did that with a pair of my plasma XS Ice I sold to a member here. I was pretty sure they were 10/10, as they were BNIB, but after the buyer pointed it out and I reviewed some of my photos, I returned $100 to him. No idea how it got scratched, almost invisible, but it was sold as 10/10. Point is, if the seller didn't offer, you can always ask. Good Luck.

Here’s a solution that works every time:
Wash the lens in a solution of warm, soapy water.
Dry thoroughly.
Cook up a pot of fettuccini pasta.
Put 1/4 cup of the BEST olive oil you can find, with 1/4 cup of grated Reggiano Parmesan, and crushed garlic into the pasta.
Toss in the lens, and mix everything completely.
Extract the lens, pitch it in the bin, and eat all the pasta.
You will feel happy.

Here’s a solution that works every time:
Wash the lens in a solution of warm, soapy water.
Dry thoroughly.
Cook up a pot of fettuccini pasta.
Put 1/4 cup of the BEST olive oil you can find, with 1/4 cup of grated Reggiano Parmesan, and crushed garlic into the pasta.
Toss in the lens, and mix everything completely.
Extract the lens, pitch it in the bin, and eat all the pasta.
You will feel happy.
Sweet

Back