• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratch repair DIY - How to repair your Oakley lenses?

marlies

Oakley Beginner
I did search the whole forum site for the answer to what I was sure would be a much asked question, but i couldn't find a generic answer that covered ALL oakley lenses, in particular Iridium. Is there any way to repair my sunglasses lenses?

So could I Please ask, this straightforward question:-

Is it really possible to remove scratches from sunglasses or self-repair some very minor surface scratches using some of the various tips you find all over Google, such as toothpaste, baking soda etc....

I truly can't believe any of these would work and/or further damage the lens.

I have a number of Oakley sunglasses and I believe they are all marked polarized and some are iridium.

The fact that Oakley themselves do not provide any information on their own website with regard to scratch repair specifically, is a strong indication they cannot be repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience, removing scratches is usually the same regardless of the material , gold, glass, silver, plastic, Plutonite.

Polishing a scratch removes material at the surface down to the bottom of the scratch, this of course deforms the lens, and will destroy the Iridium coating.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436550005.303888.jpg

To " remove" this scratch all the material above the red line must be removed.

Another option is to fill in the scratch and then blend the filler to match the surface, probably not a good solution for a lens.

As mentioned above replacement seems to be the best option.

thank you all so much. I am not sure what crap sunglasses these people are using to demonstrate how they remove scratches from lenses, but they sure aint OAKLEYS !!

Hi got these Oakley ten 2nd hand . Arrived today and initially I was super happy until about 1 hour later I noticed a tiny scratch on the lense even though the seller said ther were none . It is small and also difficult to see unless u know it's there . But now I know it's there it's really bugging me. These are the polerised iridium lenses

IMG_20190503_160532.jpg

15568966879893271997996346002344.jpg

15568967378378487616077960361341.jpg

15568967787798891414145500032673.jpg

The 2nd pic shows its pretty difficult to see upon first glance. The last picture u can just see it as the light catches it just near the top of the lense.i paid 75 euro with receipt box and papers.apart from that the glasses are great condition for 6 years old. Should just stop worrying and be happy?

Yes your point is taken . Suppose there's not really a question. Apart from is it worth replacement of lense

Latest Posts

Back