• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratched Nose Bridge - 1st Gen Plasma XX

Stockboy85

Oakley Beginner
I purchased a pair of XX X Metals from a Vault store in Texas back in 2004/2005 with no box (they were in the clearance case). They are serial number XP000800.

4ZUCCBa.jpg

I've always loved that the nose bridge was a brass/copper color, but didn't really realize that it wasn't the norm until I started collecting Oakley stuff a few years later.

QBp6UsF.jpg

These have been my daily wear glasses since the day I purchased them. A few weeks ago, while on my friend's boat, the nose bridge got scratched when they got knocked off my head and fell onto a metal stair case.

HZtrjKn.jpg

Is there any way to really fix this? I know that the weird copper/brass nose piece color has been seen by some other people, but does anyone know how to match it? I know I could send my glasses to X-Man and get him to refinish the entire set, but I also know that it won't be exactly the same as the original plasma finish and after 10 ish years wearing these glasses, I'm kind of sentimental about them.

Before you dismiss using @THE X-MAN, I suggest you first contact him and see what he says. Maybe he can take care of that. Seems like he's been upping his game lately, though it was already great to start.

If you want to fix that without taking it apart I can help. What has happened there is the titanium has actually oxidized and the scratch removed the oxide layer. It can be fixed quite easily.

Message me.

My best guess is it will blend out the scratch,if they in fact hit the ground it's a scratch .buff them out lightly and they will be fine.