• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how people scratch the lenses. I have only scratched one pair ever and it was because I was an idiot and set them down in the trunk jam and shut the trunk. Otherwise I've never scratched a lens. But I have received a lot of lenses with scratches. Odd..

I'm not sure how people scratch the lenses. I have only scratched one pair ever and it was because I was an idiot and set them down in the trunk jam and shut the trunk. Otherwise I've never scratched a lens. But I have received a lot of lenses with scratches. Odd..

I'm generally very careful with my precious Oakley's but from time to time I'll have one too many soda pops and calamity will ensue.

Only sure fire way to not scratch them is to keep them stashed away as display items.

If you use them then you have to accept they will scratch...sometimes more, sometimes less (especially if you care for them properly) but they'll scratch.

I'm not sure how people scratch the lenses.

I believe it's cleaning #1, and just not caring like *most* of us do #2. People who use their shirts or even MF bags to clean... think of your shirt as 80 grit sandpaper, same thing. Mine is water rinse, let dry, oakley lens cleaner. And care... on my head or MF bag & case. That's it. No dash, table, trunk jamb, etc!

In general the iridium coating on Oakley lenses scratch fairly easily. To avoid scratches, anytime they are off my face or not on top of my head they are in the mf bag. This has helped tremendously.

Lenses don't scratch themselves. Be more careful. Human error isn't Oakleys fault.
Didn't say it was, but seriously I wore them 3 times. I badges them afterwards. If there that easy to scratch I'd rather waste 10-20$ a pop than 50$ and actually enjoy them as opposed to hey look at that shelf aren't those pretty. Don't breath on them they'll scratch. I feel like I wasted my money and that I don't take good enough care of my things even though I've babies them since I got them dipped

Didn't say it was, but seriously I wore them 3 times. I badges them afterwards. If there that easy to scratch I'd rather waste 10-20$ a pop than 50$ and actually enjoy them as opposed to hey look at that shelf aren't those pretty. Don't breath on them they'll scratch. I feel like I wasted my money and that I don't take good enough care of my things even though I've babies them since I got them dipped

Cry me a river. DAMN!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Life happens. **** happens. You deal with it.

No one is going to sympathize with you when it comes to scratched up iridiums. Perhaps we read the fine print somewhere. Scratches are a fact of life, even for those who baby their stuff... and for the $50 you paid, no one cares; at that price level, you just deal or find another pair.

Perhaps some $9 pairs would be better for you. Some of us cannot have nice things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back