• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Screwed Around With An Idea ..

rightcoastnj

Oakley Expert
nj
So I was messing around with an idea that eventually ill be sending to Doc to get done for real... but in the spirit of being creative, I went with a "Silverbrook" theme..took the grey lenses from my grapejuices (violet iridium in those now), 1/8" masking tape to block off the inside, Mtncolors Black series Chrome/Silver acrylic and you get this..not perfect, but not half bad..and the concept will be killer when Doc does it..
603686_4275531221424_476679143_n.jpg

933966_4275531021419_1110618549_n.jpg

935923_4276020993668_517927276_n.jpg

Hey it could be better but all things considered, not too bad. Really more of a conceptual thing..before I commit $$ to it

i like it cant tell if you painted all but one side or only painted one side. I think having the silver on just one side so the top and bottom edges are clear would give it more "wow" that people would see.

I have a habit of rushing when I'm excited.. Had I taken a little more time on them they'd be much cleaner.. But knowing they're going to go to DocChop eventually made me feel better about it
Also, only the front of the frames and legs are silver.. Top, bottom and inside are still clear

I have a habit of rushing when I'm excited.. Had I taken a little more time on them they'd be much cleaner.. But knowing they're going to go to DocChop eventually made me feel better about it
Also, only the front of the frames and legs are silver.. Top, bottom and inside are still clear
well, that makes me happy knowing I will be hammering out a vision for another person who otherwise couldn't have a reality straight from Oakley...Going to be a fun one to complete as well.

Latest Posts

Back