• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sea Water / Salt Water

iRubyRed

Oakley Expert
London
Might be a daft question but need to ask. Going on holiday soon and of course taking my x-metals to wear :cool-33: but whats the deal with sun sea and sand, are they ok to get splashed, dipped and dripped on? will they fizzle away at the thought of sea water touching them etc

Thanks for any info and dont laugh at my dumbness of a question if it is a dumb one!

Your glasses will be fine! Just make sure that at the end of every day in the water, that you thoroughly clean and rinse them out. Dried salt on your lenses and rubber parts isn't the greatest thing for them. I'd be more worried about losing them in the ocean!

Your glasses will be fine! Just make sure that at the end of every day in the water, that you thoroughly clean and rinse them out. Dried salt on your lenses and rubber parts isn't the greatest thing for them. I'd be more worried about losing them in the ocean!

+1... went to the beach last year with my Plasma XS, even went swimming while wearing them. I just made sure I cleaned and rinsed them after that. just be careful with the sand on the lenses though, make sure they are not sticking to the lenses when drying them to avoid scratches.

Back