• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Search Function, SSL and Feedback

Whatchoo talkin bout?
fastest a image has uploaded for me here since I don't know when..
IMG_4799.jpg

A few updates across the site which I'm sure you will all be noticing over the coming days:
[...]
3) Feedback System - The feedback system has been temporarily disabled, and replaced with a simpler one in the interim. As some of you may have noticed, the site has been very sluggish loading up lately, after extensive diagnostics I was able to determine it was being caused by the feedback system.
[...]
If the old feedback % rating was calculated on the fly, and it was calculated using real math instead of integral math, I can imagine how that could lengthen page-loading times. The % rating isn't necessary, anyway, but I think it's important to display the positive/negative/neutral rating count. Those counts may help remind members to be alert to the possibility of scams, which, in my experience, are far more prevalent here on the Forum than on eBay.

Maybe not a bug, but I found this funny, if I search for Carbon Shift I get no result at all, but if I search shift, all carbon shift results appear. I've searched several words before like Juliet xmen or pb ice and they didc come back with results. I think it's weird that no results come back using the carbon shift combo, some food for thought I guess

I hope you. An add our trades back to our feedbacks. It really helps to see some one has traded many times and Theperson they traded with is happy. I am missing 29 in feedback do to trades

Is there any news about when the old feedback system will be back?

The current system has several drawbacks compared to the old one:

1) The "Trader History" number displayed in a Seller's thread is just the total number of feedback ratings received by that Seller -- it provides no information concerning whether the feedback was positive or negative. The only way to see negative feedback is to scroll through all of the Seller's feedback ratings.

2) The feedback itself is abbreviated: none of the detailed feedback left under the old feedback system is visible, and I don't see any way to leave detailed feedback in the current system. For example, a member who tried to steal my money using a PayPal scam last year recently returned to the Exchange advertising items for sale. In the old feedback system, I could leave a detailed comment with my negative feedback describing exactly how the PayPal scam worked, so that other members could recognize the scam and avoid being ripped-off if the Seller tried that scam again. Under the current feedback system, however, members may not even know that the Seller has any negative feedback, and there is no way for them to learn the details of the scam.

3) I don't see any way to check to be sure that feedback left under the current feedback system is real feedback about a real transaction. In the old feedback system, feedback included a link to the sales thread. In the current system, it seems as if a Seller can just ask friends to file positive feedback reports, because there's no link between the feedback and any sales threads on the Forum.

The Exchange seems to be pretty wild these days -- an effective feedback system may help control some of the chaos.

Back