• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Seek Optics - Aftermarket Oakley Lens Review?

Just received a set of Seek Optics lenses for my Flak Jacket XLJ. This is my first purchase from them and I love them! I got the polarized fire red, the color is very rich and the optical clarity is top notch! Very solid lenses, not flimsy like other brands. I had some very bad experience with revant and walleva, both very thin and cloudy. I also own a pair of Canteen and a pair of fives squared. I think I'm gonna get some lenses for those too! I'll let you know what I think :)
And by optical clarity being top notch I'm sure you mean the lenses were tested by an OPTICIAN to verify this information. Correct????

For what it's worth, I have used Seek polarized lenses for my Jupiter Carbons and my Fives. They're great in all areas, and at LEAST a fourth of the cost.

The only thing negative thing I experienced was that they accidentally sent me lenses for regular Jupiters, rather than the Jupiter Carbons (very slight size difference). I sent Seek a note about the mistake that night. In the morning I had a reply, apologizing for the mistake and stating they were cutting some new lenses for me. Two days later, I had the new lenses and they were perfect; they didn't even ask for the Jupiter lenses back.

Now, for those who may be "super-pretentious, nose-up at anything other than OEM types," my buddy is the same way...VERY "Oakley only! OEM only! Everything else is crap! I can spot differences in replacements a mile away!" I had him try on the glasses with the new lenses, telling him I bought them through the Oakley site. His quote: "Sweet man. These look really good...nice choices!"

So there you go...

I know because this is my first post, there will still be naysayers, but that's on you for being cynical for the sake of being cynical. It would be really easy to confirm whether or not they are good lenses...spend a whopping $15 and find out for yourselves. And guess what, if you don't like them, return them. It would then have cost you $0 to answer the question of whether or not someone else can actually make identical, quality lenses for your Oakleys.

Ah, the patented
"CS was wonderful"
"can't you just accept someone else made optics on par with Oakley"
"I introduced these to my friends and now they swear by it"
"hey why don't you try them; they got hassle-free returns if you somehow don't like them"
pitches.

Some of this stuff can be true, but lmao if you expect anyone to believe it's not a fabricated post. I know I've seen this all the time (along with all the new user appearances) on other types of forums when a lesser-known brand tries to gain exposure.

For what it's worth, I have used Seek polarized lenses for my Jupiter Carbons and my Fives. They're great in all areas, and at LEAST a fourth of the cost.

The only thing negative thing I experienced was that they accidentally sent me lenses for regular Jupiters, rather than the Jupiter Carbons (very slight size difference). I sent Seek a note about the mistake that night. In the morning I had a reply, apologizing for the mistake and stating they were cutting some new lenses for me. Two days later, I had the new lenses and they were perfect; they didn't even ask for the Jupiter lenses back.

Now, for those who may be "super-pretentious, nose-up at anything other than OEM types," my buddy is the same way...VERY "Oakley only! OEM only! Everything else is crap! I can spot differences in replacements a mile away!" I had him try on the glasses with the new lenses, telling him I bought them through the Oakley site. His quote: "Sweet man. These look really good...nice choices!"

So there you go...

I know because this is my first post, there will still be naysayers, but that's on you for being cynical for the sake of being cynical. It would be really easy to confirm whether or not they are good lenses...spend a whopping $15 and find out for yourselves. And guess what, if you don't like them, return them. It would then have cost you $0 to answer the question of whether or not someone else can actually make identical, quality lenses for your Oakleys.
Again. As I've said before.

Have you had them tested by an OPTICIAN to verify something the human eye CANNOT? Have you had them TESTED FOR CLARITY?

Seek pays return shipping?

Good question. Wasn't 100% sure, so I just checked their site:

RETURNS:

You may return new, unopened items within 60 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).

It says "if it is our error," but even if you didn't like them, or decided they didn't meet the standards of people with bionic eyes who simply MUST have their lenses tested by the greatest optician in all the land, you could just say they didn't look right, etc. and they would cover it. In my case, they didn't even ask the for incorrect lenses back, which they could have easily sold to someone else. I would think the worst case scenario would be that you would have to pay about $3 to send them back, but as stated previously, you could avoid that I'm sure if you give a different reason for the return. Even still, isn't $3 worth trying to avoid paying 80-100 bucks a pop for OEMs...?

Ah, the patented

pitches.

Some of this stuff can be true, but lmao if you expect anyone to believe it's not a fabricated post. I know I've seen this all the time (along with all the new user appearances) on other types of forums when a lesser-known brand tries to gain exposure.

Yep...as expected, that's why I noted as such in my original post. There was a time when you logged your first post to this board too, you know. For the record, I don't give a sh!t if Seek folds up shop tomorrow. I've already received my replacement lenses, so I'm good.

How about some pics of your Seek lenses beside a set of Oakley lenses for comparison @OkStateJoe ? My carbon Juliets came with aftermarket lenses and they are really think and light compared to Oakley:
BIPj3.jpe

Latest Posts

Back