• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Seek Optics - Aftermarket Oakley Lens Review?

Again. As I've said before.

Have you had them tested by an OPTICIAN to verify something the human eye CANNOT? Have you had them TESTED FOR CLARITY?

"Again...as I've said before," plus so many caps... Take it easy, man. You don't wanna have to deal with hypertension. My dad went through that and it seemed pretty rough on him.

To answer your questions: NO...I HAVE NOT.

BUT...

I'm not a lens snob, which is my whole point in posting my original review/opinion of the Seek lenses. They're $15, and to my HUMAN eyes...you know, the ones that cannot verify something that an optician can...they look great in all aspects, even when compared to both my OEM lenses and the OEM lenses in my buddy's frames. If you don't like them, don't buy them. It really is just that simple. If you HAVE to have an optician verify something your own eyes can't see (not sure why that's necessary if you can't even tell yourself, but to each their own), then these replacements obviously aren't for you.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone gave you 10 different pairs of Oakleys with the same lens colors and told you, "Four of these have replacement lenses. Pick them out."

Taking the position of "my eyes will ONLY look through the finest of OEM lenses" is a bit ridiculous though, don't you think? That's like saying, "My dog only drinks Evian water. He simply will not TOUCH Dasani or tap water! Ew!"

"Again...as I've said before," plus so many caps... Take it easy, man. You don't wanna have to deal with hypertension. My dad went through that and it seemed pretty rough on him.

To answer your questions: NO...I HAVE NOT.

BUT...

I'm not a lens snob, which is my whole point in posting my original review/opinion of the Seek lenses. They're $15, and to my HUMAN eyes...you know, the ones that cannot verify something that an optician can...they look great in all aspects, even when compared to both my OEM lenses and the OEM lenses in my buddy's frames. If you don't like them, don't buy them. It really is just that simple. If you HAVE to have an optician verify something your own eyes can't see (not sure why that's necessary if you can't even tell yourself, but to each their own), then these replacements obviously aren't for you.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone gave you 10 different pairs of Oakleys with the same lens colors and told you, "Four of these have replacement lenses. Pick them out."

Taking the position of "my eyes will ONLY look through the finest of OEM lenses" is a bit ridiculous though, don't you think? That's like saying, "My dog only drinks Evian water. He simply will not TOUCH Dasani or tap water! Ew!"
I'm sure @kronin323 would not mind repeating himself on this one.....but an optical CLARITY test by an OPTICIAN would verify if your eyes have to compensate for CRAP LENSES. It's that simple.

@Chris A Hardaway is also an optician and he can confirm if you put garbage lenses in your frames then you will end up making your eyes work harder and that is not normal.

Something that "look great" is fine but when it comes to your eyes if the performance is not there and they are in fact damaging your eyes then where is the benefit in that?

I'll gladly pay 200 for perfect lenses that are OPTICALLY CORRECT than try to cheap out on my eyes and spend $15.

Feel bad for your dad....I know where is HYPERTENSION came from. Maybe one day when I grow up and have kids I can hope to not have one like that.

We are all entitled to our opinions and if you want to use Seek Lenses please by all means use them. Your are entitled to voice your opinion and I think it's just that, an opinion. Because you have been a member on here for about 10 minutes and began voicing your opinion so strongly you can understand why you have been met with resistance. With that my suggestion is that you research the forum a bit more you will find a lot of info for you to educate yourself with. Not everyone is cynical, we just like what we like, and buy what we buy.

I'm sure @kronin323 would not mind repeating himself on this one.....but an optical CLARITY test by an OPTICIAN would verify if your eyes have to compensate for CRAP LENSES. It's that simple.

@Chris A Hardaway is also an optician and he can confirm if you put garbage lenses in your frames then you will end up making your eyes work harder and that is not normal.

Something that "look great" is fine but when it comes to your eyes if the performance is not there and they are in fact damaging your eyes then where is the benefit in that?

I'll gladly pay 200 for perfect lenses that are OPTICALLY CORRECT than try to cheap out on my eyes and spend $15.

Feel bad for your dad....I know where is HYPERTENSION came from. Maybe one day when I grow up and have kids I can hope to not have one like that.

Yeah, I get all that, but my point is someone who is willing purchase non-Oakley lenses that look/perform great to the naked eye isn't worried too much about making their eyes work harder...especially people who do not wear their shades 8+ hours per day. Again, to each their own, if you don't like them, don't buy them...but to slam them when you haven't even tried them yourself seems weak. I actually tried the Walleva lenses. They were junk. The color was off and the depth perception was different in the lens from top to bottom.

You know, there IS a chance these are solid lenses all around. Since no one has had an optician check them, maybe Mr. Hardaway should do it himself and let the rest of the board know. Seems more logical than someone else having to take them in and pay god knows how much to have their $15 lenses checked. Just because they are cheaper than OEMs doesn't mean they are bad. After all, the frames you have cost between 5 and 10 bucks to manufacture, and you paid 100-400 bucks for them. Perhaps someone is doing the manufacturing, marketing and delivery all on their own...cutting out the many pieces in the middle, including overhead and insane markup for name brand.

We are all entitled to our opinions and if you want to use Seek Lenses please by all means use them. Your are entitled to voice your opinion and I think it's just that, an opinion. Because you have been a member on here for about 10 minutes and began voicing your opinion so strongly you can understand why you have been met with resistance. With that my suggestion is that you research the forum a bit more you will find a lot of info for you to educate yourself with. Not everyone is cynical, we just like what we like, and buy what we buy.

You're kind of forced to do that when (and I knew it was the case) you come into a room full of Lebron James fans and start talking about how Jordan is the best player ever. And I also knew the "fabricated post" crap was coming too, which is why I noted it in post #1. Just been trying to get across that by saying the lenses are crap when you haven't even tested them yourself, well, that's just blind fanaticism...but I get it. I feel the same about OU...they always suck, even when they're good.

If there truly is an optician floating around here though, they should drop $15 (edit: on the lenses) and do the test...seems like they could pull that off for free at their place of business wouldn't you think?

Latest Posts

Back