• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Seeking Broken Half X's

Yeah, those are pretty cool. Half way between the Half Wires and the Half X's. I wonder if the hinges are stronger. <:eek:|

I'm still working on it. I still need the wrench to unhinge the arm. I think it's a #2 56x1/16 hex. Headed to a specialty tool shop tomorrow to confirm. I'm really close!!

The wrench you seek us a standard t6 torque if you are talking about the screws that hold the stems and the lenses in

While I am on this thread I have a stem where the entire hinge piece spring and all comes out of the stem. I don't have a screwdriver small enough to tighten down the smaller screw on inside arm. Does anyone know if I push the entire stem back in and tighten that screw is all I need to fix this hinge?

This could be a long shot, but I just bought new lenses for my Titanium Half X's last month. Two days ago, I fell victim to the notorious broken arm joint problem. Second time for me, but the first time Oakley still had parts to fix'em. Now... they don't.

Do you have a pair of Titaniums with a broken left arm that you want to offload?
I have 2 stems where the hinges are intact but somehow affixed into the stem (maybe glued). That is to say that the hinge no longer flexes but you can still affix them to your glasses. I ask because i dont know if the stem broke off or just the stem stopped its spring action.Is this good enough for you? If so I have a few for you

Thanks lawman. I did some research with the help of an Oakley rep and found out that the screw is a #2 set screw 56x1/16. After talking to a tool house, found out that it takes a .035 hex wrench. It's so small they gave it to me for free. I got the screw out and found the broken hinge and now know how the hinge assembly works. I'm amazed that the frames and stems are so rock solid but this hinge is really fragile. No wonder they discontinued these glasses. I'm really not sure how well a metal epoxy would hold the stem of the hinge to the joining hinge piece. Another member sold me some damaged glasses and I was able to resurrect mine today. I'm very happy about that. I'm curious to know if the hinge could be glued, however. And... if so, how long it would last.

I think that tightening the set screw is all that is required to get the stems to stay on.

dy9evydu.jpg
Ok I miss understood you. I thought you meant the torque screw. I am having the same issue with finding a small screwdriver. That's why I haven't figured out if I cam fix my one stem. Here is a picture of three stems in broken states. Top is obviously the broken off mount. Middle is where the inner piece broke and it was glued or epoxied in. Bottom is the entire insides (guts) come out when you pull on it. The screw appears to be very loose. I am hoping I can push the entire assembly back in and tighten the screw to fix this one.

Back