• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Seeking help spotting real vs fake on these Juliet glasses!

Tangible

Oakley Beginner
Hello guys,

I've spotted these Juliet glasses for sale and am quite tempted. Unfortunately, I'm rather an Oakley newbie (I owned some T-wires back in the late 90ies but that's it) and I'm uncertain of their authenticity.

Truth be told, I'd probably settle for high quality fakes as I've been looking for new sunglasses anyway and I gather there'll never be another production run of genuine X-metals, but the real article would obviously see me willing to part with rather a few more pennies than for an imitation!

Here's the pictures to which I've got access: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

(He's said the lenses are NXT, so I already know those aren't authentic)

The seller also has one Oakley watch, one Oakley baseball cap and a couple of Oakley Romeos for sale (along with a Casio watch and a gaming PC) so I suppose I'm leaning towards thinking it's at least half plausible he might have the real thing ... but I just don't have enough of a discerning eye to know.

Any help would be appreciated!

legit frames, you are right on the lenses, they are not what came with the glasses originally.

Hello guys,

I've spotted these Juliet glasses for sale and am quite tempted. Unfortunately, I'm rather an Oakley newbie (I owned some T-wires back in the late 90ies but that's it) and I'm uncertain of their authenticity.

Truth be told, I'd probably settle for high quality fakes as I've been looking for new sunglasses anyway and I gather there'll never be another production run of genuine X-metals, but the real article would obviously...

A. DON'T YOU BLASPHEME IN HERE! (To quote the immortal Aretha Franklin from The Blues Brothers)
B. There won't ever be another run...at least not the true X-Metals as we know them.
C. DON"T "Settle for high quality fakes". There is no such thing. Fake is fake.
D. You are now a member here and will have exchange access in a short time if you stay and contribute. We would all like you to do so! Get yourself some genuine XMetals there and enjoy them!
E. There is no "E".

Welcome to the community!!
;)

Oh dear oh dear. :)

Thanks very much for the warm welcome, and I apologise for even THINKING to purchase anything but the genuine article; I was young and craven!

Thanks also to everybody who responded with feedback on the particular item I asked about; I've decided to at least meet with the seller! The tips and confidence you've given me should help me determine what to do, and if not, I'll be sure to take up residency in the exchange section of the forums before long :)

Cheers!

Oh dear oh dear. :)

Thanks very much for the warm welcome, and I apologise for even THINKING to purchase anything but the genuine article; I was young and craven!

Thanks also to everybody who responded with feedback on the particular item I asked about; I've decided to at least meet with the seller! The tips and confidence you've given me should help me determine what to do, and if not, I'll be sure to take up residency in the exchange section of the forums before long :)

Cheers!

Make yourself at home in every forum buddy, we love newbies here...cause we all remember when we were one too. So much to see and learn in here you may find yourself falling asleep with a thread open.

:grin:

@Tangible. I know it is proliferating but avoid patronizing fake stuff (at least on the stuff you really really like). Patronizing them will mean money coming in for them, making their "machineries" to manufacture stronger.

At least try to hold a authentic Juliet, and like magic, once you hold them close, you won't settle for anything less than that (X-Metal magic from Oakley book of sorcery)

Back